Boxxer or Totem?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Boxxer or Totem?
Posted: Jul 13, 2011 at 10:12 Quote
Totem and boxxer have the same axle to crown so it won't change the geo at all until you bottom out the fork,boxxer is dual crown so will limit your turning circle,on a free ride bike you want maximum turning so go for the single crown.

Have you also looked at marzocchi and the 66 line ? i have owned both and prefer the plush ness of the 66.

photo

photo

Posted: Jul 13, 2011 at 10:22 Quote
yeah i had thought about those but i think i read a bad review of them somewhere.

Posted: Jul 13, 2011 at 10:25 Quote
Hitman-2-1 wrote:
yeah i had thought about those but i think i read a bad review of them somewhere.

Some of the 08 forks were affected but only a few as mine is an 08 and it has been sweet the whole time,the 2010 stuff and onwards are back to their legendary marzocchi plush ness and reliability,even though the totem is 2mm fatter than the 66 it feels like a more solid chassis.

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 at 3:26 Quote
just out of interest what rear shock you got on your Frantik?

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 at 4:53 Quote
Sorry been on holiday for a week,it's still the dhx 3.0 that it came with but i'm planning on fitting a elka stage 5 early next year.

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 at 11:14 Quote
think i have decided on single crowns, but was just wondering about everyones opinion on coil vs air?

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 at 16:20 Quote
Air are lighter and you don't have to buy differing springs but coil are more reliable have less stiction and feel better.

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 at 18:34 Quote
Really nice cassettes that last well,if your going shimano chain just make sure you pop of the snap of bit to the outside.

Posted: Jul 23, 2011 at 0:39 Quote
seniyajw wrote:
Really nice cassettes that last well,if your going shimano chain just make sure you pop of the snap of bit to the outside.

Would help if spammers actually knew about bike parts.

Posted: Jul 23, 2011 at 1:01 Quote
If you said you will be using it for park riding, I would go with the coil. Less chance that it will blow up on you than the air, so less maintenance. Plus the coil is so plush. And I don't know what all these bros are talking about, it is good for DH; it doesn't "pop off everything" like they say. Its all in the way you set it up.

Posted: Jul 23, 2011 at 1:03 Quote
PimpSlayer3000 wrote:
If you said you will be using it for park riding, I would go with the coil. Less chance that it will blow up on you than the air, so less maintenance. Plus the coil is so plush. And I don't know what all these bros are talking about, it is good for DH; it doesn't "pop off everything" like they say. Its all in the way you set it up.

Call me a bro again.

Posted: Jul 23, 2011 at 1:09 Quote
em-j wrote:
PimpSlayer3000 wrote:

Call me a bro again.

lol you have to allow for some narrow minded people that still think a womens role is in the kitchen lol Razz

Posted: Jul 23, 2011 at 1:14 Quote
em-j wrote:
PimpSlayer3000 wrote:

Call me a bro again.

Lolololol, my apologies madam, I just remembered reading it on the first page when I was answering and it slipped my mind who said it. No harm intended. Salute

Posted: Jul 23, 2011 at 3:38 Quote
marquis wrote:
em-j wrote:
PimpSlayer3000 wrote:

Call me a bro again.

lol you have to allow for some narrow minded people that still think a womens role is in the kitchen lol Razz
I was having this chat with a riding buddy today as he offered to hold my 1.25L bottle of water, suggesting it was because he was 'the man' and it was obviously too heavy for me. I agreed and said we women usually keep our water in the kitchen sink for that reason.

Posted: Jul 24, 2011 at 2:35 Quote
em-j wrote:
marquis wrote:
em-j wrote:

Call me a bro again.

I was having this chat with a riding buddy today as he offered to hold my 1.25L bottle of water, suggesting it was because he was 'the man' and it was obviously too heavy for me. I agreed and said we women usually keep our water in the kitchen sink for that reason.

lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020043
Mobile Version of Website