As fast as aaron gwin?

PB Forum :: Downhill
As fast as aaron gwin?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 11, 2011 at 9:55 Quote
ok so recently aaron gwin has become the man to beat on the wc circuit, winning 4/5 races.
i was just wondering if any one knows what makes him so fast and how some one as average as me can improve my riding? Salute

Posted: Jul 11, 2011 at 10:01 Quote
will100 wrote:
ok so recently aaron gwin has become the man to beat on the wc circuit, winning 4/5 races.
i was just wondering if any one knows what makes him so fast and how some one as average as me can improve my riding? Salute

Training/improving fitness

Posted: Jul 11, 2011 at 10:18 Quote
elliot-graham wrote:
will100 wrote:

yeah me and dad where talking about it though and surely all the pro's are doing that all the time i just don't seem 2 see what else he's doing? is he incredibly fit or dose he just spend all his time on the bike???

Posted: Jul 11, 2011 at 10:23 Quote
will100 wrote:
elliot-graham wrote:
will100 wrote:

yeah me and dad where talking about it though and surely all the pro's are doing that all the time i just don't seem 2 see what else he's doing? is he incredibly fit or dose he just spend all his time on the bike???

training with SX trainer, SX training is so f*cking hard, i think that is what the others arent doing

Posted: Jul 11, 2011 at 10:23 Quote
Been doing it for a long time, riding all the time, fitness, technique, balls.

Posted: Jul 11, 2011 at 10:54 Quote
I've ridden every weekend with the same people, we're all different abilities. Just who people are. Those who train the most and ride the most should be e best, but still some people have natural talent

Posted: Jul 11, 2011 at 11:41 Quote
I think Gwin might be this sports Ricky Carmichael. meaning that he has taken fitness, and a winning attitude to the next level. he doesn't just want to win, or need to win, he needs to win going away. either things around the World Cup pits are going to change a lot, or Gwin's going to own the sport for a long time

Posted: Jul 11, 2011 at 16:06 Quote
try training with John Tomac, that will make you faster, FACT

also having the massive budget and huge support of trek will help

Posted: Jul 11, 2011 at 16:32 Quote
It all starts with a massive drive to succeed. Without that you won't get anywhere. We all have fun riding our bikes but if you're truly serious about racing, you can't always see riding as having fun in the woods. You have to think of it as a job and something that takes up 100% of your time: riding, eating, and rest...everything you do revolves around it. I'll have 1 or 2 days of the week where I go out and have fun riding, but every other day is structured training.

When you want something bad enough that you have devoted your every aspect of your life into accomplishing it and work your ass off to get it...that's how you can compete at the top level.

Posted: Jul 12, 2011 at 9:48 Quote
mcmbike wrote:
It all starts with a massive drive to succeed. Without that you won't get anywhere. We all have fun riding our bikes but if you're truly serious about racing, you can't always see riding as having fun in the woods. You have to think of it as a job and something that takes up 100% of your time: riding, eating, and rest...everything you do revolves around it. I'll have 1 or 2 days of the week where I go out and have fun riding, but every other day is structured training.

When you want something bad enough that you have devoted your every aspect of your life into accomplishing it and work your ass off to get it...that's how you can compete at the top level.

I'd disagree and say that the day the riders start seeing it as a job rather then a passion is the day that their career drops. It's simply just determination, exercise, training and most of all, being motivated by something you enjoy

Posted: Jul 12, 2011 at 9:54 Quote
I'm pretty sure he rides a lot of moto that's seems to improve riders so much.I think it's because they get used to riding really fast and the moto weighs a lot so it will be a lot easier when you get back on a DH bike because it's lighter and you don't go as fast but I'm sure he does a lot more.

Posted: Jul 12, 2011 at 10:04 Quote
Downhill340 wrote:
I'm pretty sure he rides a lot of moto that's seems to improve riders so much.I think it's because they get used to riding really fast and the moto weighs a lot so it will be a lot easier when you get back on a DH bike because it's lighter and you don't go as fast but I'm sure he does a lot more.

moto helped me learn to brake later and not be afraid of letting the back end go loose

Posted: Jul 12, 2011 at 16:48 Quote
elliot-graham wrote:
mcmbike wrote:

I'd disagree and say that the day the riders start seeing it as a job rather then a passion is the day that their career drops. It's simply just determination, exercise, training and most of all, being motivated by something you enjoy
What I'm trying to say is that you need to have fun riding your bike, but take it seriously enough to not eat like crap and to go out and train even when that's the last thing you wanna be doing. Fun only gets you so far...why do you think football players do 2-a-days and all sorts of miserable training?

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2011 at 22:54 Quote
Step 1: Go to Tibet and train with the monks to destroy your perception of fear.
Step 2: Remove brakes.
Step 3: Point the front end of your bike down the hill.
Step 4: Pedal as if angry Tibetan yetis were chasing after you and don't look back.
Step 5: Gwin.

Posted: Jul 12, 2011 at 23:05 Quote
Gwin is doing nothing different than any of the Pro's. The reason he is gwinning is because his mindset is different, he has no fear. Sam hill was like this, until his crash last year that bummed his shoulder, now you can see he has slowed down, and its because that crash has gotten into his head. Aaron also has John Tomac as a trainer, a personal dietitian, massive funding, and the drive to win. As for you, get out on your bike and ride as much as you can, find your bad habits and fix them, dont just ride aimlessly, ride for a purpose. Cardio is also a massive aspect that will make you race faster. If you can get in a 2hr XC/AM ride like 3-4 a week, that would be ideal. And races are different for everyone, you have to find what works best for you. I know some people only do 4-5 laps of a race course before their race, some do more. But i need to do as many runs as i can without getting exhaused, its not ideal for others, but it works well for me. But other things like that, full runs or sessioning sections, how many runs, what you eat and drink, how much sleep you get, how you rest, what you do inbetween race day practice and race run. It all depends on you to find what works best for you.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012227
Mobile Version of Website