66 RC2X or a Z1 Light ETA!?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
66 RC2X or a Z1 Light ETA!?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 11:49 Quote
Hmm, ok, this is a hard one, I think. I've got a Transition Preston FR and currently I have the '06 66 RC2X installed on it, buttery smooth, awesome fork and all..but. The damn thing looks like its heaving the bike a bit too much, kinda looks like it doesn't belong there. Anyway, I found a very good alternative, the '06 Z1 Light ETA, which is essentially the same since it has the same cartridge as the 66 (RC2), excluding the X compression which I don't find useful in most cases anyway. Plus, it has the ETA thing which proved to be quite useful when climbing. I reckon then, that the only downside is rigidity, 32mm stanctions vs the 66's 35mm ones, the crown is also less wider, obviously. So what do you think? Should I remove the 66 for the benefits of the Z1 or keep the 66? Tell me what do ya think...

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 11:58 Quote
i had a Z.1 Sport 130mm 2006.. lasted me 2 months and it should be the same fork as the Z.1 Light except the internals.. so figure out.. the crown was ovalised and it got big bushing play so fast, i didn't abuse the fork and im a light rider 58 KG, i have a 66 RC2X 150mm 2006 now and this thing is amazing, keep the 66 thats my opinion.. i thought my bike was super heavy at the beginning but now i got used to it and it seems very light.. who cares about weight when you have something that will last you

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 12:03 Quote
it depends what riding, if you freeride and do some downhill, than def,. the 66, but if your needing to climb to your freeride spots, and do trails and xc and also use the bike for transportation id go with the z1, but if those arnt your only option, id slap a fox vanilla 36 rlc on it and you will get the best of both worlds! just my 2 cents

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 12:09 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
it depends what riding, if you freeride and do some downhill, than def,. the 66, but if your needing to climb to your freeride spots, and do trails and xc and also use the bike for transportation id go with the z1, but if those arnt your only option, id slap a fox vanilla 36 rlc on it and you will get the best of both worlds! just my 2 cents

Thats a good point there but problem is the RLC only comes at 140mm..if I'm correct and it has a 9mm platform which I dislike, doesn't feel as sturdy as 20mm. Smile

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 12:15 Quote
ta it does only come in 140, but i think the 36 come with a 20mm thru axle, i think...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007923
Mobile Version of Website