DJ/suspension fork for a 24" bike? 26" fork OK?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
DJ/suspension fork for a 24" bike? 26" fork OK?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 8:40 Quote
I really enjoy the size of my Sunday Model C but I want to put a suspension up front.

Yes, I know it's weird.

Are there suspension forks that size? I think Marzocchi used to make one (DJ Street?) but can't see that they still do.

Alternatively, what would happen if I strapped a fork intended for 26" wheels on there? (Maybe even with a 26" wheel?"

Thoughts? Discussion?

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 10:37 Quote
get a normal fork, and lower it? ive heard its really easy to do

Posted: Jul 20, 2011 at 6:29 Quote
Might not work. Since the Sunday was designed for a rigid. The frame might not have clearance for the tire when the fork compresses . Best bet if you have junk fork lying around. lower it to like 60mm then compress it to 20 and see whether or not it hits the frame or your foot.

Posted: Jul 20, 2011 at 9:38 Quote
My bestfriends dad did it with a pair of darts on his 24' race bike. (its a bmx cruiser)... It worked without lowering! they were 100mm. It felt really cool to ride

Posted: Jul 20, 2011 at 9:59 Quote
I knew I would find it!!!. I guess it would work. Here is something you don't see every day. Took forever to find a shot of one. Erenes likes to build these every once and a blue and post pics of them lol.
NS cap with full BMX 24 set up. Razz
photo

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 at 19:34 Quote
Just been thinkin all day about this. I took a picture and lined it up with the NS capitol . Now I am wanting to build a 24 inch BMX set up like a street mtb. The cap is hard to come by and very expensive. I found this frame on the net it comes close to the caps geometry and cost a lot less. What do you think ?Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7173/framesu.jpg

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 at 16:21 Quote
Caezar wrote:
I knew I would find it!!!. I guess it would work. Here is something you don't see every day. Took forever to find a shot of one. Erenes likes to build these every once and a blue and post pics of them lol.
NS cap with full BMX 24 set up. Razz
photo

Very nice.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008659
Mobile Version of Website