Big question!

PB Forum :: Beginners
Big question!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 26, 2011 at 17:45 Quote
Hey, I have a pretty big question, when buying a BMX online on pinkbike and you have to get it shipped would I pay first then he/she would ship the BMX to my house? And what happens if he/she doesn't send it what would I have to do ? Is it worth buying a BMX online?

Posted: Aug 7, 2011 at 23:49 Quote
Pinkbike isn't eBay, there are no guarantees or buyer protections. Someone can totally screw you, and that happens there's no way to get your money back.

You should check out the seller's profile, see if they have a BuySell history, and if they do you could ask for the username of someone who bought something, then message that person to confirm the seller is legit. You could also tell the seller you'll pay half first, and pay the other half when you get it in the condition described. You'll have to pay something first, I don't think anyone will ship to you otherwise.

If you know what you want and find a good deal, its worth it. But if this is your first BMX, you're better off going to your local shop. They will help pick out a bike that fits you and if you buy from them they might service it free or discounted later.

Also NEVER give anyone your credit card info, use PayPal or money order.

Posted: Aug 22, 2011 at 0:08 Quote
pgsgg wrote:
Hey, I have a pretty big question, when buying a BMX online on pinkbike and you have to get it shipped would I pay first then he/she would ship the BMX to my house? And what happens if he/she doesn't send it what would I have to do ? Is it worth buying a BMX online?

The best thing is to go to your local bike shop (like was mentioned before) to get your first bike. If that's not something that you'd like to do then I would recommend paying half now and doing a COD (cash on delivery) for the other half.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011847
Mobile Version of Website