Plegs! Yay or nay!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Plegs! Yay or nay!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 29, 2011 at 13:52 Quote
Basically got a little spare cash, and saw some awesome youtube videos of grinding. So i though i'll give it a shot. I have asked a few mates about the plegs, having mixed views on them. So just though maybe somebody would have some past experience with them or any advice when starting grinds? Only thinking about plegs for the weight and that i'll be riding a mini ramp for a few week, and the owner doesn't want chucks being ripped out out of his copin. So yeah, any help would be awesome.

Thaaaaanks!

Posted: Jul 29, 2011 at 16:08 Quote
Speed is key, along with centering your balance on/over the grinding surface of choice so that the pegs dont just slip off. One more thing... Commit, because when you do, you'll realize that for the most part grinds are easy. It's when you start adding other tricks to the line things become more difficult. Hope that helped somewhat 2 cents

Posted: Jul 29, 2011 at 16:20 Quote
maxwilliamsbmx wrote:
Basically got a little spare cash, and saw some awesome youtube videos of grinding. So i though i'll give it a shot. I have asked a few mates about the plegs, having mixed views on them. So just though maybe somebody would have some past experience with them or any advice when starting grinds? Only thinking about plegs for the weight and that i'll be riding a mini ramp for a few week, and the owner doesn't want chucks being ripped out out of his copin. So yeah, any help would be awesome.

Thaaaaanks!

i am think of giving grind a shot too. what frame did u get in the end.

Posted: Jul 29, 2011 at 16:28 Quote
bmxcult2345 wrote:
maxwilliamsbmx wrote:

Thaaaaanks!

i am think of giving grind a shot too. what frame did u get in the end.

Decided to wait for a bit, dont really need one at the mo, maybe in a few months, Russo top of my list tho!

Posted: Jul 29, 2011 at 16:29 Quote
domdamonster wrote:
Speed is key, along with centering your balance on/over the grinding surface of choice so that the pegs dont just slip off. One more thing... Commit, because when you do, you'll realize that for the most part grinds are easy. It's when you start adding other tricks to the line things become more difficult. Hope that helped somewhat 2 cents

Okay man! Awesome! Do you grind on your driveside? thats my only problem :/

Posted: Jul 29, 2011 at 17:46 Quote
plegs are fine, also shadow little ones with plastic sleeves work well, and get a odyssey million dollar sprocket if you grind on your driveside

Posted: Jul 29, 2011 at 18:08 Quote
maxwilliamsbmx wrote:

yeah I grind on my drive side (learning opposites now), but considering i have a 25t sprocket it's never that big of a deal. I also don't use hub guards... but if anything that just makes you more precise with grinds. * however you run the risk of damaging parts

Posted: Jul 29, 2011 at 18:19 Quote
domdamonster wrote:
maxwilliamsbmx wrote:

yeah I grind on my drive side (learning opposites now), but considering i have a 25t sprocket it's never that big of a deal. I also don't use hub guards... but if anything that just makes you more precise with grinds. * however you run the risk of damaging parts

ever used plegs?

Posted: Jul 29, 2011 at 18:19 Quote
osbornezo wrote:
plegs are fine, also shadow little ones with plastic sleeves work well, and get a odyssey million dollar sprocket if you grind on your driveside

have u used plegs before?

Posted: Jul 29, 2011 at 18:27 Quote
nope but i have ridden them for a few hours on my mates bike

Posted: Jul 29, 2011 at 18:29 Quote
osbornezo wrote:
nope but i have ridden them for a few hours on my mates bike

you think there be good for beginners? thanks for the help

Posted: Jul 29, 2011 at 18:46 Quote
any peg will but fine but if plastic is they way you want to go it will work, if you ride parks that dont require plastic pegs you should get the shadow conpiracy little ones, they are metal and you can put plastic sleeves on them

Posted: Jul 29, 2011 at 19:11 Quote
maxwilliamsbmx wrote:
ever used plegs?

Yeah I've used one set of plastics before... just like a plastic pedal, compared to metal they feel weaker (obviously) & tend to wear down or break faster. Also with plastic pegs, you have to look for an almost specific smooth/slick grinding surface... I say start off with metal ones, & just bring a lil candle wax along. Smile

Posted: Jul 29, 2011 at 22:32 Quote
in the first post he said he needs plastics, id say get shadow little ones, if the plastic sleeve wears through just buy a new sleeve, they are super cheap

Posted: Jul 30, 2011 at 15:12 Quote
osbornezo wrote:
in the first post he said he needs plastics, id say get shadow little ones, if the plastic sleeve wears through just buy a new sleeve, they are super cheap

I am thinking this is my best bet, have the best of both worlds! cheerd guys! any experiance with the glands?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012766
Mobile Version of Website