The Devinci Dixon - my build and review.

PB Forum :: Devinci
The Devinci Dixon - my build and review.
Posted: Nov 26, 2012 at 3:59 Quote
My Dixon is very similar to the one in the opening posts review... in fact I used this as a confirmation that it would be ok to run it on Talas36's
I run mine low and slack and just switch the forks to the 130 setting while climbing and then wind them back up to 160 for the descents, but even when I forget because its so slack it copes really well at 130 too.

I really like the confidence this bike inspires and it has definitely improved my riding and skill.

Posted: Dec 26, 2012 at 15:20 Quote
Hey guys, I am currently building up a Dixon as we speak. I am caught between a rock and a hard spot. I want to put a Fox 34/36 Talas for travel adjustably, but I have found a really good deal on a 36 160mm float. I was wondering if the travel adjustably is needed with the dixon frame, and if it is worth it to spend the extra cash. Thanks!

Posted: Dec 26, 2012 at 17:21 Quote
specialH wrote:
Hey guys, I am currently building up a Dixon as we speak. I am caught between a rock and a hard spot. I want to put a Fox 34/36 Talas for travel adjustably, but I have found a really good deal on a 36 160mm float. I was wondering if the travel adjustably is needed with the dixon frame, and if it is worth it to spend the extra cash. Thanks!

Dixon geo is designed for a 150mm fork.
That being said they are offering a 160mm version on the new carbon RX one.
The extra 10mm should be a benefit on the descents.
However it may effect the climbing ability being taller and slacker.
I'm not sure if 10mm will make much of a difference.
You will just have to try it.

You could do three things to offset it if you find its to tall.
Internally lower the fork down to 150mm. (My recommendation if you dont like it a 160)
Go to a longer stem to get over the bar more for climbs (will effect steering)
Remove a 10mm spacer from under the stem and lower the cockpit. (will effect pedaling position)

Going to try a 160mm fork on mine later this year.
If I don't like it I will internally lower it down to 150mm.

Posted: Dec 26, 2012 at 17:33 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
specialH wrote:

Dixon geo is designed for a 150mm fork.
That being said they are offering a 160mm version on the new carbon RX one.
The extra 10mm should be a benefit on the descents.
However it may effect the climbing ability being taller and slacker.
I'm not sure if 10mm will make much of a difference.
You will just have to try it.

You could do three things to offset it if you find its to tall.
Internally lower the fork down to 150mm. (My recommendation if you dont like it a 160)
Go to a longer stem to get over the bar more for climbs (will effect steering)
Remove a 10mm spacer from under the stem and lower the cockpit. (will effect pedaling position)

Going to try a 160mm fork on mine later this year.
If I don't like it I will internally lower it down to 150mm.

Good advice. Thanks!

Posted: Jan 2, 2013 at 16:34 Quote
Remember that a 160mm 35/36mm stanchion fork will be 20mm longer a2c height than a 150mm 32mm stanchion fork! You might want to drop a 35/36mm stanchion fork to 150mm if possible (still 10mm longer = approx. half degree slacker).

Jezza

Posted: Feb 4, 2013 at 11:30 Quote
Hi,
I want to put a RockShox Reverb seatpost on my Dixon. I know that the travel needed for it is the 125mm version, but not sure about the overall seatpost lenght I need, at 380mm or a 420mm? I think it might be 380mm but wanted to ask first.

Thanks!

-Alejandro

Posted: Feb 11, 2013 at 6:30 Quote
lonchera wrote:
Hi,
I want to put a RockShox Reverb seatpost on my Dixon. I know that the travel needed for it is the 125mm version, but not sure about the overall seatpost lenght I need, at 380mm or a 420mm? I think it might be 380mm but wanted to ask first.

Thanks!

-Alejandro

I have a 125mm reverb on mine...
I went with the 380mm total length.. I have maybe 40mm to the seat post clamp and I'm 1m88cm

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 14:43 Quote
Can you fit a 650B on a Dixon?

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 8:58 Quote
woolin wrote:
Can you fit a 650B on a Dixon?
nope, if your looking for 650b your prayers will be answered soon.

Posted: Mar 4, 2013 at 22:47 Quote
Devinci Dixon Full Carbon
Just got my Dixon SL. This is the start will post pictures through the rebuild and upgrade. first cane creek DBair and KS Lev

Posted: Mar 6, 2013 at 8:29 Quote
SoCalDevinci wrote:
Just got my Dixon SL. This is the start will post pictures through the rebuild and upgrade. first cane creek DBair and KS Lev

Ill be interested to hear how you get on with the DBair... mine is pretty spot on as it is with the RP3!

Posted: Mar 12, 2013 at 0:50 Quote
oc1rob wrote:
SoCalDevinci wrote:

Ill be interested to hear how you get on with the DBair... mine is pretty spot on as it is with the RP3!
talked to a guy from cane creek thats on a dixon, he is giving me he base tunes and im going to play from there.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 19:32 Quote
New carbon Dixon build:
photo

photo

Posted: Apr 8, 2013 at 3:41 Quote
Beautiful build ^^^^^^

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.078640
Mobile Version of Website