The Devinci Dixon - my build and review.

PB Forum :: Devinci
The Devinci Dixon - my build and review.
O+ FL
Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 11:11 Quote
maybe but it could easily be solved with a set of offset bush's the top tube on the large is a good lenght for me and with the 160mm forks on the front its plenty slack enough,

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 11:24 Quote
I actually have offset bushes on my Dixon and the difference is astounding!

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 15:01 Quote
zgaias85 wrote:
Does anyone feel that the dixon is a little bit off fashion or you think it follows the new wave " low and slack",just thinking...

Depends what you mean by off fashion.
I'm still riding my 2012 Dixon.
Its not 27.5, Its only 145mm in the back and its not super low and slack compared to other rides out now.
Spartan, Nomad, Tracer, etc.
I guess one could say that would make it unfashionable.
But I have not felt the need to rush out and buy something new just to have new.
Its not like its ten years past its prime and its a very capable ride.

It leans more towards being a very capable trail bike than an absolute point and hammer through everything type of "Endruo" ride.
That being said I live in the interior of British Columbia where the trails can get nasty.
With the 35mm fork up front and a 20mm axle there hasn't been anything I could not ride.
I just have to be a little more careful with my line choice in the really rocky stuff.
The only thing I can say is it does not like is bigger hits. (5'-6' to almost flat)
However I'm 6'1 and 142lbs and its only 145mm in the back.
I probably shouldn't be doing drops that big on it anyway.
Smaller lighter rider would be fine.

When It starts to cause me mechanical grief or just plan out falls apart I'll probably go to something more like the Spartan.
It will allow me to get a little more rowdy.
But again, I'm in no rush to go 27.5 Endruo tomorrow anyway.
When she starts to leave me walking out of the bush I'll look at something new.
Until then does that make me unfashionable?
Should I be more trendy? lol

November reigns

Posted: Jan 19, 2015 at 9:35 Quote
However DIXON SHREDS...i think its one of the do it all bikes that wasn't advertised much because it came out in the rise of 27,5,and thats a pity,
thanx for your thoughts
P.S :Really Mad waiting for the new wheelset to arrive.!finally dt ex471 rims and halo supadrive with cxray spokes!

Posted: Jan 22, 2015 at 4:08 Quote
DH-jonny-FR30 wrote:
Devinci Dixon
What do you guys think?

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 22, 2015 at 11:50 Quote
looks very well, what weight is that build coming in at?

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 0:07 Quote
DH-jonny-FR30 wrote:
DH-jonny-FR30 wrote:
Devinci Dixon
What do you guys think?
RAW...

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 2:21 Quote
Not liking the raw? Haha

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 1:05 Quote
DH-jonny-FR30 wrote:
Not liking the raw? Haha
Looks sick mate! How you getting on with the coil and offset bushings? Looking at doing the same for a trip to the Alps..

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 8:42 Quote
Personally I love the coil and all my mate who have gave my bike a ride loved it to, my only problem is that going up hill got a bit harder, but I did go from a 32th chainring to a 36, hopefully gonna drop back to 32 and il fly up hills again.

The downhill performance of the bike is outstanding tho, I keep getting more and more out of the bike, it also pedals really well considering the coil shock, also I believe having 160mm forks has slackened the bike again but it loves steep trail

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 3:09 Quote
Here's my baby...
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 0:22 Quote
I cant wait to put on this babes on
,custom built,halo supadrive 120 hub rear,halo spindoctor hub front,sapim cxray spokes and DT EX471 RIMS,total weight 1720gr!
new wheeeeeels

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.050036
Mobile Version of Website