DH Trails is SO CAL

PB Forum :: Trail Building
DH Trails is SO CAL
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 3, 2011 at 16:37 Quote
Just getting back inti downhill ! I live in riverside CA what are some cool downhill trails near me or within a couple of hours ? i already know about big bear! But i cant ride a full suspension there Frown Help me out guys !

Posted: Aug 5, 2011 at 13:37 Quote
stone450 wrote:
Just getting back inti downhill ! I live in riverside CA what are some cool downhill trails near me or within a couple of hours ? i already know about big bear! But i cant ride a full suspension there Frown Help me out guys !

south ridge or fontana?

Posted: Aug 6, 2011 at 10:47 Quote
where is south ridge ? and where in fontana ?

Posted: Aug 31, 2011 at 19:57 Quote
stone450 wrote:
where is south ridge ? and where in fontana ?
look up soouth ridge park

Posted: Sep 15, 2011 at 23:00 Quote
Why can't you ride Big Bear?

Posted: Sep 16, 2011 at 18:08 Quote
[Quote="thaddius-g"]Why can't you ride Big Bear?[/Quot

Big bear doesnt allow people to ride with over 100mm forks or triple crown forks and u have to have two or more chain rings in the front.

Posted: Sep 17, 2011 at 2:08 Quote
Stone450 wrote:
Big bear doesnt allow people to ride with over 100mm forks or triple crown forks and u have to have two or more chain rings in the front.

Not this year. With the exception of the chain ring(and even then I don't think it's a huge thing) they are a lot more forgiving.

Posted: Nov 15, 2011 at 23:38 Quote
the trail called suicied over in agora hills and telonix down in laguna beach

Posted: Nov 16, 2011 at 3:32 Quote
thaddius-g wrote:
Stone450 wrote:

Not this year. With the exception of the chain ring(and even then I don't think it's a huge thing) they are a lot more forgiving.

HUH ? A bike park that won't let you ride with out certain equipment ( other then protection ofc ) , you are joking right ?
Why should gear ratios or suspension travel stop you from riding there?

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 at 2:38 Quote
stone450 wrote:

Here is the info from their site....

Snow Summit does not transport downhill specific mountain bikes on the Sky Chair during the summer months for either recreational or competitive purposes. The resort will continue to carry conventional (Cross-Country and All-Mountain) mountain bikes for the public on the Sky Chair, with access off-site to Forest Service trails and roads. The resort has taken this action because of the liability exposure and forest damage from downhill bikes. Furthermore, there will be no more biking of any kind on the ski runs.

1. Bikes must be less than 35 pounds.
2. Designated tire size must be less than 2.5.
3. Front shock must have less than 6.5 inches of travel.
4. Bikes must have at least two chain rings unless they are single speed.

Posted: Dec 21, 2011 at 16:36 Quote
We currently have 2 private downhill courses in Los Olivos near Santa Barbara, along with 12 miles of single track, a pumptrack and a DS course. A Super D course is nearing completion and work has started on a Dj line too. check out ridesb.com or take a look at the dirt club on facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/76577926046/
Photo Credit to Zerode Bikes and Ian Wilkinson
Kendall Norman riding a Zerode at the Dirt Club last weekend. Photo credit to Zerode Bikes and Ian Wilkinson of http://www.downhillnews.com/

Posted: Jan 4, 2012 at 8:00 Quote
stone450 wrote:
southridge in fontana and tetonics in luguna

Posted: Jan 5, 2012 at 10:00 Quote
Troy Lee trail in Corona,Ca

Posted: Jan 5, 2012 at 21:01 Quote
bigburd wrote:
HUH ? A bike park that won't let you ride with out certain equipment ( other then protection ofc ) , you are joking right ?
Why should gear ratios or suspension travel stop you from riding there?

It's not really a bike park like Mammoth or other places and they have requirements because they are self insured and had a massive lawsuit based on (What I heard was) total bs. To prevent kids from riding beyond their limits and also be able to keep the mountain open for people that know how to ride they had to do this. While it is a bummer at least we have a place to ride still.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.028233
Mobile Version of Website