Help me please!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Help me please!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 3, 2011 at 20:47 Quote
My bike is a norco six three. I was wondering if a 1.5 head tube would fit on my bike because im looking to get a new fork and i dont want to spend money if it is not going to fit. I have a 1 1/8 head set right now i know i will need a new one if it will fit.

thanks Skyler

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 at 20:56 Quote
get the september mountain bike action, it explains everything you will ever need to know about headsets and sizes

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 at 21:17 Quote
You could not run a 1.5" fork if that's what you were wondering.

Posted: Aug 6, 2011 at 6:43 Quote
skylerm wrote:
My bike is a norco six three. I was wondering if a 1.5 head tube would fit on my bike because im looking to get a new fork and i dont want to spend money if it is not going to fit. I have a 1 1/8 head set right now i know i will need a new one if it will fit.

thanks Skyler

nope if you have an 1 1/8 steer tube you couldnt run a 1.5, imagine putting a bigger tube through a small hole.

Posted: Aug 6, 2011 at 8:30 Quote
theman554 wrote:
skylerm wrote:

thanks Skyler

nope if you have an 1 1/8 steer tube you couldnt run a 1.5, imagine putting a bigger tube through a small hole.
ok thanks for you help. btw that what she said =P

Posted: Aug 7, 2011 at 18:58 Quote
skylerm wrote:
theman554 wrote:
skylerm wrote:

thanks Skyler

+1, was hoping you would say that haha

Posted: Aug 7, 2011 at 19:03 Quote
theman554 wrote:
skylerm wrote:
theman554 wrote:

lol yeah i had to

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 0:56 Quote
skylerm wrote:
theman554 wrote:
skylerm wrote:
lol yeah i had to

What size head tube does the frame have, any chance of a photo, a lot of 1.5" frames have reducer cups and reducer headsets.

What year is the frame and any chance of a photo of the head tube?

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 6:36 Quote
kaesae wrote:
skylerm wrote:
theman554 wrote:

lol yeah i had to

What size head tube does the frame have, any chance of a photo, a lot of 1.5" frames have reducer cups and reducer headsets.

heres a pick of the headtube on it www.pinkbike.com/photo/5422145/

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 14:06 Quote
skylerm wrote:
kaesae wrote:
skylerm wrote:
lol yeah i had to

heres a pick of the headtube on it www.pinkbike.com/photo/5422145/

11/8th" standard headtube by the looks of it. No way of getting a 1.5" to fit that. Looks like a nice bike though! so not too bad!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011214
Mobile Version of Website