Replacing halo spin doctor pro rear axle?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Replacing halo spin doctor pro rear axle?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 9, 2011 at 7:08 Quote
hi there Smile ive just bought a halo spin dotor pro rear hub and a solid rear axle kit and was wondering if anyone knew how to swap the axles over? Smile

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 at 5:55 Quote
If it's a pro hub pull off the freehub, then with a hard plastic mallet knock the quick release axle out towards to brake side. This will knock out the brake side hub bearing and axle.
Now fit the bearing onto the solid axle,then bearing cover and do up the nut to hold the bearing onto the axle. I was advised to drift the axle and bearing back into the hub by hitting the axle but chose to use sockets of the same size as the bearing outer race to tap the bearing in to save putting side loading on the bearing.
Now stick the spacer from the free hub side back onto the axle, the push on the free hub, then the bearing cover then tighten down the nut on the free hub side.
The nuts only load the bearing inner races onto the shaft bearing shoulders so doing them up tight shouldn't over load the bearings.
The only problem with my one was the axle must have been machined incorrectly or similar as when installed the hub sits around 2mm further to the brake side and the disc touched the brake mount.I had to space the axle with a 2mm washer to get clearance but now have a 137mm axle width .
Tony

Posted: Apr 26, 2013 at 6:07 Quote
Hi does the same apply to the none pro spin doctor rear hub?
Thanks

Posted: Apr 26, 2013 at 6:08 Quote
Lol just noticed the date they posted ha

Posted: Apr 26, 2013 at 6:26 Quote
Drai86 wrote:
Hi does the same apply to the none pro spin doctor rear hub?
Thanks

Go onto the halo website and there is guides to how to fit the axles on there tup

Posted: Apr 26, 2013 at 6:29 Quote
Thanks never thought of that.
Cheers bud
Dan

Posted: Jun 29, 2013 at 4:58 Quote
Been searching for this answer for ages now! Youve just made my life! Thankyouuuu!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004589
Mobile Version of Website