brakes:Hope mono m6
pedals:crankbrothers mallet 08
Tires:Maxxis minion
seat:SDG Bel Air RL Titanium

what do you think of this spec!

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 11:33 Quote
looks pretty impresive

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 11:35 Quote
dude thats almost a five grand build up.....and ur 12 wtf do u do for money???? and do u really need a bike like that? i've seen w/c racers with worse specs than that and they do it for a living

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 11:47 Quote
matthew10 wrote:
Frame:Ironhorse sunday world cup 08
Forks:Fox 40 rc2
shock:roxshox roco
wheels:deemax
Stem:Race face diabolus d2
chain guide:e.thirteen
Gears:sram x.o 08 carbon
Handlebars:monkeylite carbon

for the shock, you're thinking either marzocchi rocco or the rock shox vivid. and also its kind of a sketchy build. i mean, all these carbon/xc components to save weight sacrifice strength. are you a world cup racer? cuz if not, that build seems kinda pointlessly expensive. just my opinion though.

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 11:59 Quote
i dont like thos bars. get some diety.

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 12:32 Quote
listen up ima tell u right now what your build needs straight up! first off ditch that shwag diablos junk... way to heavy and overbuilt. what u need is a thomson! or think intergrated stem from e13 real nice! second.... those dmax wheels are alright but i think u can do better. there actually abit on the heavy side so what u need is to go with a custom built wheelset which has WTB lazer disk hubs on mavic 823 rims. If u want to just buy pre built wheelset look into the industry nine wheels. next up is your deraileur..... sram xo deraileurs are definetly top of the line... but honestly just go with x9 dr just cuase its so much cheaper and your gonna break many derailers... go xo shifter though. next is the brakes... mono 6 is really just too much weight man. go with juicy carbons... they have more than the power u need and like half the weight. correct these changes and u have a race ready build. just change those brakes and wheels mang! and stem that stem is clown.

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 2:21 Quote
Yeah and how are you going to afford that?I would be really suprised if you could even pay for 1 of those things, another kid dreaming of a bike he will never have, whats the point

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 2:56 Quote
matthew10 wrote:
Frame:Ironhorse sunday world cup 08
Forks:Fox 40 rc2
shock:roxshox vivid
wheels:deemax
Stem:Race face diabolus d2
chain guide:e.thirteen
Gears:sram x.o 08 carbon
Handlebars:monkeylite carbon

drool,,,

but a few things, as was said before ditch the deemax, if you want light go Tune hubs and mavic 721 rims, thomson 4x stem or even easton havoc stem is a way lighter and don't get hope brakes, more trouble than they are worth, get the formula one, way lighter and almost more power.

after that, get out and ride! enjoy either way

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 3:05 Quote
maximus-dh wrote:
Yeah and how are you going to afford that?I would be really suprised if you could even pay for 1 of those things, another kid dreaming of a bike he will never have, whats the point

Exactly.

Here's what I think - you're a little component drooling newb - spend less time looking through magazines and websites for the latest bling and actually ride your bike (if you have one). Your album is full of ripped off pics, you're completely missing the point, its not about impressing people with the latest parts, it's about impressing people with your riding skills or your determination to aquire them.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 11:35 Quote
maximus-dh wrote:

i will have that spec one day. Just wait until im the new dh champion.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 11:36 Quote
dec*nto wrote:
maximus-dh wrote:

Exactly.

Here's what I think - you're a little component drooling newb - spend less time looking through magazines and websites for the latest bling and actually ride your bike (if you have one). Your album is full of ripped off pics, you're completely missing the point, its not about impressing people with the latest parts, it's about impressing people with your riding skills or your determination to aquire them.

and u just wait until im the dh champion and they you will be sorry.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 11:52 Quote
JonKranked wrote:
listen up ima tell u right now what your build needs straight up! first off ditch that shwag diablos junk... way to heavy and overbuilt. what u need is a thomson! or think intergrated stem from e13 real nice! second.... those dmax wheels are alright but i think u can do better. there actually abit on the heavy side so what u need is to go with a custom built wheelset which has WTB lazer disk hubs on mavic 823 rims. If u want to just buy pre built wheelset look into the industry nine wheels. next up is your deraileur..... sram xo deraileurs are definetly top of the line... but honestly just go with x9 dr just cuase its so much cheaper and your gonna break many derailers... go xo shifter though. next is the brakes... mono 6 is really just too much weight man. go with juicy carbons... they have more than the power u need and like half the weight. correct these changes and u have a race ready build. just change those brakes and wheels mang! and stem that stem is clown.

I'm with you most of the way.. lose the wheels and stem and brakes and you missed a couple of parts..

Thomson X4 Elite Stem
Thomson Elite Seatpost
Mavic 721s on DT, King, Hadley, or I9 hubs
Juicy Carbon 203mm
Easton Monkeylite "DH" CNT bars
Saint of Holzfeller OCT cranks
Ultegra 9sp 12-27 Cassette
XTR/Dura-Ace 9sp chain
Oury Bolt-ons

That should do ya..

Someone mentioned too many XC parts... there aren't any that he listed, assumign he meant monkeylight DH bars... and not the XC version.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 11:57 Quote
matthew10 wrote:
dec*nto wrote:
maximus-dh wrote:

Exactly.

and u just wait until im the dh champion and they you will be sorry.

ok im waiting....

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010195
Mobile Version of Website