**** New Jersey Riders ****

PB Forum :: USA - East
**** New Jersey Riders ****
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 14, 2011 at 19:13 Quote
So i didn't see NJ here so i figure let me start a thread for NJ riders . Feel free to add more info if you would like too . What trails do you guys usually ride or hit up ?

Riding Style : XC/AM venturing into DH soon .

Bike(s) : (12 Spec Enduro Comp on order) .. Riding a 12 Spec HT .

Posted: Aug 22, 2011 at 18:09 Quote
I'm from central nj, monmouth county to be specific. I usually ride Hartshorne. I've also been to Allaire. I hit up diablo once in a while too. I wish there was some DH closer to me. Does anyone know if there are any good dirt jumps in central nj?

Posted: Aug 22, 2011 at 20:55 Quote
I'm from Princeton, I ride mostly All-Mountain, I try to go as big as possible with what is around me (Mercer, Six-Mile and Sourlands) and I have hit Diablo twice this year. I really enjoy the progressive jump and feature trails like dominion and I'm looking for more riding like that. I think the closest real jumps are up in Alexandria at the pumptrack that was built a couple years ago. I've never been but I believe they just put in a jumpline that would be nice to practice on. I know I would like to log some more airtime so that I don't feel so awkward when I get that weightless sensation, maybe start throwing some whips and tabletops. Mercer has a bowl with jumps that has been getting bigger over the years but the flow is admittedly bad and I would love to do some trail work and jump building to improve this.

I am 23, I ride a 2002 Kona Stinky and a 2009 Kona Cowan, and I have been riding for over 10 years. If anyone is interested in building in mercer let me know.

Posted: Aug 22, 2011 at 21:10 Quote
Kona Stinky is a bad ass machine man ! .. I just started mountain biking a couple months ago , i have been to 6 mile and i ride Lewis Morris park with my hardtail , im waiting for my new FS bike to come in so i can hit some more aggressive trails with it .. I have been looking to hit up Hartshorne and Mercer since i never been . My style of riding for now is pretty much i like flowy stuffy with some speed and small little jumps, i would like to practice and learn some techniques ..

Posted: Sep 7, 2011 at 15:01 Quote
aedubber wrote:
Kona Stinky is a bad ass machine man ! .. I just started mountain biking a couple months ago , i have been to 6 mile and i ride Lewis Morris park with my hardtail , im waiting for my new FS bike to come in so i can hit some more aggressive trails with it .. I have been looking to hit up Hartshorne and Mercer since i never been . My style of riding for now is pretty much i like flowy stuffy with some speed and small little jumps, i would like to practice and learn some techniques ..

Shoot me a PM next time you go to Lewis Morris during the week(after work), I love blasting turns @ lewis morris..

Posted: Jun 7, 2015 at 15:19 Quote
Anyone use this currently?

Posted: Jun 7, 2015 at 19:25 Quote
Nope guess not .

Posted: Jun 8, 2015 at 16:04 Quote
Well that makes at least 2 people. I generally ride the same couple trails on Monmouth county but I'm looking for some new spots. I recently made the switch from bmx to mountain so I generally ride solo and only know a few local trails. Where do you usually ride? Do you have any recommendations?

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 4:38 Quote
JeffLebowski wrote:
Well that makes at least 2 people. I generally ride the same couple trails on Monmouth county but I'm looking for some new spots. I recently made the switch from bmx to mountain so I generally ride solo and only know a few local trails. Where do you usually ride? Do you have any recommendations?

What trails do you ride in monmouth county? Have you ridden hartshorne yet?

Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 16:18 Quote
Yea I'm generally at Hartshorne a few times a week and I'll hit up huber when I'm tired. I want to go to Allire but haven't made it down yet.

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 7:46 Quote
JeffLebowski wrote:
Yea I'm generally at Hartshorne a few times a week and I'll hit up huber when I'm tired. I want to go to Allire but haven't made it down yet.

Yeah Allaire is fun, but I love hartshorne.. if I lived closer I'd be there everyday after work.

Posted: Aug 30, 2018 at 13:08 Quote
Sorry to dig up an old thread,
But does anyone know if the trails in Allire are still up?

Posted: Aug 30, 2018 at 13:18 Quote
Yup, still up and running

Posted: Oct 27, 2018 at 20:45 Quote
15, south Jersey outside of philly in the town of Delran. I ride at Wissahickon in philly and at MCBP in Vernon. I love Downhill but ride all mountain as the downhill is hours away. Ride an ‘08 specialized SX trail bike with lots of upgrades to keep it up with today’s standards. Things a beast.

Posted: Dec 23, 2018 at 8:54 Quote
I usually hit Mills Resveration, Hilltop, Eagle Rock, South Mountain and occasionally Mt. Creek.
I ride a Transition Patrol carbon. Always looking for someone to ride with so if your local let's go.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015029
Mobile Version of Website