What freeride bike to buy

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What freeride bike to buy
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 6:10 Quote
Hi all

Need some help picking out a free ride bike. im after a bike that will love bike parks and love tackling jumps and drops. On my list so far is the Scott Voltage Fr 10 or Fr 20. second choice is a Transtion bottlerocket and then someone said the Canyon Torque frx or Canyon Rockzone. cant find many reviews on the canyon bikes but they look pretty sweet. and you get great kit on them
Also someone did suggest the new yeti sb 66 with a fox rc4 shock but I dont think that would be any good.
looking to spend £2000-£3000

hope you all can help. if you have got or tried any of these bikes or got any new suggestions please post up with all the information

cheers

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 6:30 Quote
I've not ridden any of these bikes, but if you can get hold of a copy of Dirt MTB magazine August edition they run a review of canyon bikes. I've never heard of them before but they get a great review - German I think and they come with an absolutely superb spec at even better price, they look good too and you'll probably be one of the first in this country to own one.

I like the Scott voltage too, again never ridden one but I like the adjustable travel and hear good reviews.

If your stuck getting dirt, mail me you address and I'll post it to you - I've finished with it.

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 6:41 Quote
I tried out a Scott Voltage FR with a Boxxer Team up front, and it shredded ! Really fast round corners, great in jumps. Not so good for rocks/roots/steeps as it's a bit twitchy, but for pinning through jumps and stuff it's really great.

Try looking into a Kona Operator FR (I'm really pleased with how my DH runs, super fast bike, not sluggish at all, great race bike) Plus you'd have money over to pimp the hell out of it as they're not too expensive.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011498
Mobile Version of Website