What's the best way to get noticed? (Downhill Biking)

PB Forum :: Beginners
What's the best way to get noticed? (Downhill Biking)
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 3, 2011 at 20:17 Quote
spbmx wrote:
Put a shorter stem on your Hardrock and you can ride some DH with it. Just make sure you wear gloves and stretch out your fingers/ hands/ arms between runs.

I did and it really helped! The stock stem and handlebars were extremely heavy, so i replaced it with a really short stem and some specialized enduro riser II handlebars. I think I will race this downhill

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 at 10:45 Quote
McFuggles wrote:
spbmx wrote:
Put a shorter stem on your Hardrock and you can ride some DH with it. Just make sure you wear gloves and stretch out your fingers/ hands/ arms between runs.

I did and it really helped! The stock stem and handlebars were extremely heavy, so i replaced it with a really short stem and some specialized enduro riser II handlebars. I think I will race this downhill

Cool dude! If you're racing at a fairly smooth course, you'll be fine. I rode at 7 springs with my Jamis Komodo with a cross country fork from open to close and I was fine until the last hour, when my arms and hands got real sore. I was doing nonstop runs for most of the time, I only stopped to get something to eat. And wearing gloves is REALLY important, I thought it was BS until I did 2 runs without gloves. But you'll be fine racing what you have until you get $400-$500 saved for a full suspension DH bike

Posted: Feb 13, 2012 at 12:11 Quote
mcmbike wrote:
Forget about making it a career until you start racing Cat 1 or expert. Then it's time to do work.

Train your ass off, both on and off the bike and win. Have a good attitude about the sport and talk to a lot of people. Be a general nice person and you'll get a lot of attention from other riders. Once you are at the point where you're getting podiums every Cat 1 race you do, get out there and start sending sponsorship applications. Companies want a chill guy who will help out beginners just as much as they want a fast racer.

On a second note, get a job and keep focused in school. For a person who doesn't even have a DH bike and has no idea how good they are, your decision to make a career out of racing is pretty far fetched. You most likely will never be Steve Peat or Sam Hill, and even if you do make it to the point where you are a sponsored rider racing pro, you will not get a paycheck that can support you and a family. So study hard and get a real job.

If you work hard enough, getting sponsored and racing professionally can come easy. Making a decent living out of that (and nothing else) is a whole different story.

Nicely said Big Grin

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 10:33 Quote
what about freeride mtb how do i get noticed in that! AT the minute i am 15 and i am not the fastest but i will send it big and try trick! i haven't been freeriding properly long but i can do 40ft tables and 30ft drops but if i wanted a sponsor how do i go about it?

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 11:07 Quote
What is this "freeride" you speak of? Is that like a free bike someone gave to you that you ride around on?

I hear Berny wants to give everyone a freeride.

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 at 2:45 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
What is this "freeride" you speak of? Is that like a free bike someone gave to you that you ride around on?

I hear Berny wants to give everyone a freeride.
search it on youtube

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 17:35 Quote
McFuggles wrote:
As a 14 year old who plans on having downhill racing as a career, what would be the best way to get noticed? The reason i'm asking this is because I need a downhill bike, but can't afford one. So, I figured sponsorship is the way to go. Sounds stupid, right? I guess I'm just a desperate and impatient teen who can't wait to race Big Grin . Anyway, if you have any ideas, then I'd love to read them!
Just don't troll. It makes you look pathetic.
Thanks!

I have the same problemFrown i have an enduro/trail bike but i cant go to races because my parents cant drive me. i want to get on a team so i can get rides to dh races but i have to do a dh race first but i cant go. anyone know any tips? lol i do every race i can but theres not many near where i live.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.065849
Mobile Version of Website