SCAMMER: user DBXiTNT

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
SCAMMER: user DBXiTNT
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 23, 2011 at 11:45 Quote
Looks like user DBXiTNT is a scammer. Paid for some derailleurs and no response after that, they should have arrived a couple days ago. Paypal name is Ryan Parkinson, email is mcburtonsoft@hotmail.com, apparently from Kimberly BC.

There's still a chance that the stuff will show up because his communications and profile seem legit, maybe he's away for a while, but in the meantime DO NOT buy from him. Will update this as I know more.

Cheers

Posted: Aug 26, 2011 at 3:26 Quote
Sorry but your right,banned another account not so long back for the same thing but he has come back.

Posted: Aug 27, 2011 at 9:11 Quote
thanks marquis. Can't believe he used the same name?

Posted: Aug 27, 2011 at 13:27 Quote
thebrokenbike wrote:
thanks marquis. Can't believe he used the same name?

No this http://rypar23.pinkbike.com/ another 2 accounts have popped up on that ip so i will check them too.

Posted: Aug 28, 2011 at 8:59 Quote
thanks again, yes, rypar = ryan parkinson I guess. Please let me know the latest 2 account names if you can so I can look at them, thanks.

Posted: Aug 29, 2011 at 14:34 Quote
thebrokenbike wrote:
thanks again, yes, rypar = ryan parkinson I guess. Please let me know the latest 2 account names if you can so I can look at them, thanks.

Looked through them but don't seem linked in any way.

Posted: Aug 29, 2011 at 14:48 Quote
OP you braindead? DBiTNT has been a member of Pinkbike for one month, you cant consider that legit.

Posted: Aug 29, 2011 at 14:51 Quote
idriver wrote:
OP you braindead? DBiTNT has been a member of Pinkbike for one month, you cant consider that legit.

Some users have been here since 2000 and scammed people.

Posted: Aug 29, 2011 at 14:58 Quote
Chances are slim though.

Posted: Aug 30, 2011 at 9:39 Quote
marquis wrote:
thebrokenbike wrote:

Well, if it's under the same IP doesn't that mean it's the same person? Or he could be using an IP switcher?

Posted: Aug 30, 2011 at 9:43 Quote
thebrokenbike wrote:
marquis wrote:
thebrokenbike wrote:

Well, if it's under the same IP doesn't that mean it's the same person? Or he could be using an IP switcher?

Not always as the internet provider doe's have quite a lot of people on the same ip aol for example have 100 plus users on one ip.

Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 21:14 Quote
I just bought a fork off the user mcburtonsoft. not a scammer. Dude manages a bike shop ffs. received item as described.
he has a suspended account "rypar23" - reason: alternate account. But it was 2011, he was quite young at the time, and a lot of young ppl are disorganized and cant seem to keep track of accounts/passwords - so maybe he forgot and just made a new account...active user since 2007 and lots and lots of parts sold.

Ancient post but I felt worth updating because OP listed the guy's full name and hes still active on pinkbike and obviously not a scammer....doesn't deserve to have accusations like this...

Posted: Nov 26, 2022 at 11:12 Quote
thebrokenbike wrote:

I don't know what an IP switcher is, but an IP address is a general location, not a specific user or computer.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012128
Mobile Version of Website