2011 Operator FR & DH Weight/Size

PB Forum :: Kona
2011 Operator FR & DH Weight/Size
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 23, 2011 at 21:30 Quote
Hello,

I'm hoping to pick up a 2011 Operator at a good price now that the 2012s are coming in. Can anyone tell me the stock weight of the FR or the DH? Also, I'm 6'5". Does anyone this height have one of these bikes? Is the Large a comfortable fit? Thanks!

Posted: Aug 26, 2011 at 7:28 Quote
uwsublime wrote:
Hello,

I'm hoping to pick up a 2011 Operator at a good price now that the 2012s are coming in. Can anyone tell me the stock weight of the FR or the DH? Also, I'm 6'5". Does anyone this height have one of these bikes? Is the Large a comfortable fit? Thanks!

So, I went ahead and ordered the bike, and I'm pretty sure the springs will be too soft for my weight. Can anyone help me with some advice on what springs to replace them with? I'm about 200lbs, so probably 205-210lbs with gear and I'll be doing primarily free ride trails with jumps and small drops. I'm expecting I'll have to replace both front (RockShox Domain R CL 180mm) And rear (Fox Van R) springs.

Posted: Aug 26, 2011 at 7:29 Quote
uwsublime wrote:
uwsublime wrote:
Hello,

So, I went ahead and ordered the bike, and I'm pretty sure the springs will be too soft for my weight. Can anyone help me with some advice on what springs to replace them with? I'm about 200lbs, so probably 205-210lbs with gear and I'll be doing primarily free ride trails with jumps and small drops. I'm expecting I'll have to replace both front (RockShox Domain R CL 180mm) And rear (Fox Van R) springs.

Try this.http://www.tftunedshox.com/info/spring_calculator.aspx

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 at 9:58 Quote
marquis wrote:
uwsublime wrote:
uwsublime wrote:
Hello,

Thank you. I picked up my bike a couple weeks ago and they said the fox rep had told them that the stock springs would be good for up to 225lbs. I'm about 205lbs and probably 215lbs with my gear. I have been riding the bike and it does feel a little on the soft side. I pretty regularly hit the ground with the pedals when pedalling. I haven't done this on any jumps or drops yet since the pedals are horizontal in that situation, but I do fear that once I start hitting bigger stuff I'll be bottoming out the suspension regularly. I'm not an experienced free rider so I'm not sure if it's normal to be this low to the ground with the pedals. Does anyone else with this bike have a problem with hitting the pedals on the ground?

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 at 10:28 Quote
uwsublime wrote:
marquis wrote:
uwsublime wrote:

Thank you. I picked up my bike a couple weeks ago and they said the fox rep had told them that the stock springs would be good for up to 225lbs. I'm about 205lbs and probably 215lbs with my gear. I have been riding the bike and it does feel a little on the soft side. I pretty regularly hit the ground with the pedals when pedalling. I haven't done this on any jumps or drops yet since the pedals are horizontal in that situation, but I do fear that once I start hitting bigger stuff I'll be bottoming out the suspension regularly. I'm not an experienced free rider so I'm not sure if it's normal to be this low to the ground with the pedals. Does anyone else with this bike have a problem with hitting the pedals on the ground?

The bike shop is wrong or the fox rep is,every bike i have bought i have had to buy a stiffer spring for my weight,

Posted: Sep 16, 2011 at 1:51 Quote
My operator dh 2011 weight is about 40 lbs on standard set up and the frame is M size.
My height is 5,7 ft and my weight 170lbs with gear.
It goes well with the standard springs if i`m trail riding (Boxxer RC, red-spring at front, and Fox Van RC, 350lbs, rear).
If i`m going for DH or DH-racing i`ll change the front spring to yellow (softer), and the rear i`m going for std.350lbs or 400lbs depends of the trak

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 11:12 Quote
Jannuv wrote:
My operator dh 2011 weight is about 40 lbs on standard set up and the frame is M size.
My height is 5,7 ft and my weight 170lbs with gear.
It goes well with the standard springs if i`m trail riding (Boxxer RC, red-spring at front, and Fox Van RC, 350lbs, rear).
If i`m going for DH or DH-racing i`ll change the front spring to yellow (softer), and the rear i`m going for std.350lbs or 400lbs depends of the trak

Thank you for the input. I'm going to have them order some stiffer springs when I go get my 30 day tune-up.

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 13:10 Quote
5ft 10'' and Mine's a medium, mine comes in at around 36lbs (ish).
I'm 185lbs with gear, and i'm still using the spring that came on it

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2011 at 19:33 Quote
200 pounds, kept the spring in the back (400). Bikes feels awesome

Posted: Sep 30, 2011 at 0:20 Quote
Almost forgot to say that i run flats, and my riding position is very much on the rear wheel. So that`s why i`v got firmer spring at the rear.

Posted: Jan 6, 2012 at 14:56 Quote
looking at a 2012 operator and im 6 ft. large or medium?

Posted: Jan 6, 2012 at 22:50 Quote
Go Large Buddy! I'm 5' 7" and the Medium fits perfect. You'd be cramped on a Med.

Posted: Jan 7, 2012 at 0:43 Quote
Thanks man. I can never get how so many bike companys dont supply sizing charts.

Posted: Jan 7, 2012 at 0:44 Quote
Does the operator have all right componentry? How does the forks and shocks etc feel?

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2012 at 2:22 Quote
I'm 6'4" and I ride a large so you'd be good on a medium me thinks. As far as componentry goes youre set with the the dh or supreme. The dh has value and the supreme has pimp parts

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014754
Mobile Version of Website