Dreadlocks?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Dreadlocks?
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 9:28 Quote
get um done the real way. don't wash your hair, you'll eventually get dreads.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 12:55 Quote
smallkinehawaiian wrote:

screww that, it takes like years.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 13:53 Quote
Jblock05 wrote:
smallkinehawaiian wrote:

not if your real rugged and get dirty all the time and you go in salt water a lot, that will really screw your hair up.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 17:26 Quote
smallkinehawaiian wrote:
Jblock05 wrote:
smallkinehawaiian wrote:

not if your real rugged and get dirty all the time and you go in salt water a lot, that will really screw your hair up.

well i dont want to "screw" my hair upConfused

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 19:02 Quote
Dreadlocks originated with the Rastafarian lifestyle/religion (Yes it is actually a religion) in the Caribbean Islands. Real dreadlocks are formed by rolling the hair up and adding, get ready for it, liquid cow manureEek . The manure is what holds the dreads together once it is dry.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 19:10 Quote
shorerider16 wrote:
Dreadlocks originated with the Rastafarian lifestyle/religion (Yes it is actually a religion) in the Caribbean Islands. Real dreadlocks are formed by rolling the hair up and adding, get ready for it, liquid cow manureEek . The manure is what holds the dreads together once it is dry.

that has got to be the stupidest thing ive ever heard, cow manure, get reel. they make certain products for it.

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 19:17 Quote
Since my Dad's side of the family is from Jamaica and his father, my Grandfather, immigrated to Canada from Jamica I would think that they would know. My dad has been to jamaica and seen this for himself, so I think I will take their word on this.

That being said, since most North Americans who want dreadlocks don't want to put cow feces in their hair there are probably lots of products made to take its place.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 23:13 Quote
Jblock05 wrote:
smallkinehawaiian wrote:
Jblock05 wrote:

what do you think a dread is. its pretty much just a bunch of tangled up ragged hair. your not gonna get dreads with out "screwing" your hair up. once your hair is dreaded its never gonna come strait again. you'll just have to cut it all off.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 23:29 Quote
Jblock05 wrote:
smallkinehawaiian wrote:
Jblock05 wrote:

Hahahaha this is too funny. You want dreads but you don't want to "screw" your hair up? Dude, you don't have a flippin' clue do you?

nate

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 at 3:41 Quote
-nate- wrote:
Jblock05 wrote:
smallkinehawaiian wrote:

Hahahaha this is too funny. You want dreads but you don't want to "screw" your hair up? Dude, you don't have a flippin' clue do you?

nate

well i do i have a flippen clue, ya i know dreading your hair "screws" it up. but thats what i want so its ok. and second of all if you have dreads you can take them out.

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 at 10:43 Quote
Jblock05 wrote:
and second of all if you have dreads you can take them out.

First I have ever heard of that....but anyway, if you feel ok about being a wannabe rastafarian walking around with your manufactured dreads, and then once you are done pretending you are rasta you take them out like you're playing dress up, then ok, go for it. We obviously come from a different place, but around here if you play dress up to act like you are part of someone elses culture, you will get persecuted for it. I think this is a good thing. How about this, if I decided to start wearing a Sikh Turban around town, do you think that would be at all insulting to the real Sikh's? Do you think dreads are different? I don't man, they seriously represent a way of life or culture.....but like I said, you do what you feel is right.

nate

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 at 16:25 Quote
-nate- wrote:
Jblock05 wrote:
and second of all if you have dreads you can take them out.

First I have ever heard of that....but anyway, if you feel ok about being a wannabe rastafarian walking around with your manufactured dreads, and then once you are done pretending you are rasta you take them out like you're playing dress up, then ok, go for it. We obviously come from a different place, but around here if you play dress up to act like you are part of someone elses culture, you will get persecuted for it. I think this is a good thing. How about this, if I decided to start wearing a Sikh Turban around town, do you think that would be at all insulting to the real Sikh's? Do you think dreads are different? I don't man, they seriously represent a way of life or culture.....but like I said, you do what you feel is right.

nate

dude your lame, im not a wannabe rasta, i see alot of people with dreads and i dotn beleive that there actually "rasta"

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 23:34 Quote
First off you have no idea what your talking about plus you cant spell along with half the other people here. Anyways iv'e got dreads have had them for a year now this is what you can do this is only one of many ways though. Also if you have curly hair it will be alot easier.

1. Section your hair with rubber bands in to size and pattern.

2. Backcomb (Get a brush (metal) and comb your hair towards your scalp).

3. Fold the end of the hair that you can backcomb over the bottom of the dread and put a rubberband on it.

Your gonna have alot of loose hair ( i still have a bit) you need to palm roll and what not...Have fun.

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 23:40 Quote
kd12 wrote:
First off you have no idea what your talking about plus you cant spell along with half the other people here. Anyways iv'e got dreads have had them for a year now this is what you can do this is only one of many ways though. Also if you have curly hair it will be alot easier.

1. Section your hair with rubber bands in to size and pattern.

2. Backcomb (Get a brush (metal) and comb your hair towards your scalp).

3. Fold the end of the hair that you can backcomp over the bottom of the dread and put a rubberband on it.

Your gonna have alot of loose hair ( i still have a bit) you need to palm roll and what not...Have fun.

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 23:42 Quote
Woah!! one word..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010342
Mobile Version of Website