The UCI WC is doooooomed

PB Forum :: Downhill
The UCI WC is doooooomed
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 4, 2011 at 17:11 Quote
Meh, I know the costs of running a website, and I know that live video feeds make that cost much higher, but paying will probably cut down the viewers by a lot, they should probably have some sort of lower quality free feed or something, they would still get revenue from ads, they could even get an ad to overlay the video like PB has got.

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 at 17:22 Quote
Trust me.. the world champs feed was worth it

26 cameras, multiple camera cranes, the crane at the bottom really gave an amazing feel.

andddd

Rob Warner

15 euros.. WORTH EVERY CENT.

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 at 17:35 Quote
This thread went downhill fast(no pun intended). Could we please stop the petty argument, if you want to watch it live then pay up. If you want to watch it free then wait for the unlocked replay in a week or so(i think?)

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 at 1:45 Quote
Ths one has better audio

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 at 12:03 Quote
gee-milner wrote:
elliot-graham wrote:
What amuses me is how i'm pretty sure you guys were ones who said they would pay for freecaster to stay at the wc. When the time to oay actually comes, you bitch and moan

exactly, this is what pisses me off about the biking community.. we get in arms on facebook and rage about anything

then when push comes to shove 95% of us just go silent and off the radar.

I'd pay for a Freecaster run DH WC, but I didn't pay to watch the world champs as I didnd't want to watch it (more important stuff was on TV at the same time) and even if I did, there was no guarentee I wouldn't be out riding and miss it. Also, at 15 years old, money is hard to come by and I'd rather save the money to fix my bike when it inevitably breaks, rather than spending an extra 2-3 weeks away from the trails as I watched some of the champs.

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 at 12:39 Quote
Junior-DH wrote:
[and even if I did, there was no guarentee I wouldn't be out riding and miss it.

The solution to that is check when its on, and don't go riding... when it's on.

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 at 12:40 Quote
dingus wrote:
Junior-DH wrote:
[and even if I did, there was no guarentee I wouldn't be out riding and miss it.

The solution to that is check when its on, and don't go riding... when it's on.

LoL

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 at 13:41 Quote
Junior-DH wrote:
gee-milner wrote:
elliot-graham wrote:
What amuses me is how i'm pretty sure you guys were ones who said they would pay for freecaster to stay at the wc. When the time to oay actually comes, you bitch and moan

exactly, this is what pisses me off about the biking community.. we get in arms on facebook and rage about anything

I'd pay for a Freecaster run DH WC, but I didn't pay to watch the world champs as I didnd't want to watch it (more important stuff was on TV at the same time) and even if I did, there was no guarentee I wouldn't be out riding and miss it. Also, at 15 years old, money is hard to come by and I'd rather save the money to fix my bike when it inevitably breaks, rather than spending an extra 2-3 weeks away from the trails as I watched some of the champs.

It takes you 3 weeks to make 15 euros...?

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 at 13:46 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://lh5.ggpht.com/-bO__8MyQXYY/TlksuirZmQI/AAAAAAAAEfA/3ZtQG2nqm1s/Silverman%252520meme%25255B7%25255D.jpg

Posted: Sep 6, 2011 at 9:39 Quote
tom-cuthbert wrote:
Junior-DH wrote:
gee-milner wrote:

It takes you 3 weeks to make 15 euros...?

Seeing as I don't have a job, yep. And don't go tell me to get one, I'm not legally allowed and nowhere round here will employ you without your NI Number unless they know you.

Re: Not going out riding to watch the champs - I'd rather be out riding myself than watching other people have the fun I could be having.

Posted: Sep 6, 2011 at 12:16 Quote
Junior-DH wrote:
Re: Not going out riding to watch the champs - I'd rather be out riding myself than watching other people have the fun I could be having.

You could do both, we managed to. Unless you have to travel quite far I suppose.

Posted: Sep 7, 2011 at 9:36 Quote
dingus wrote:
Junior-DH wrote:

You could do both, we managed to. Unless you have to travel quite far I suppose.

It's a whole day job, my friends aren't fans of getting up early I'm afraid.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008494
Mobile Version of Website