The Jobs Thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Jobs Thread
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 4, 2011 at 23:52 Quote
ok this thread is to post what job you have, what age you are and if you think your jobs well paid (your choice in telling everyone how much you get paid) ile start it off.

im a apprentice gas engineer and apprentice plumber and at the moment i get paid £18500 a year ive been told by my mates its a very well paid job to say im 18

Posted: Sep 6, 2011 at 23:13 Quote
well i was in the army for 3 years(joined at 17) and made about 55,000 a year aftre benefits ie post living differntial deployment pay etc and for time in Afghanistan It was all untaxed and danger pay etc I made just around 35,000 in 6 months. Iv since moved on and am awaiting training for the RCMP and currently make 25$ an hour as a labourer for a welding shop. Dont know in terms of yearly since this is just temp and have only been here for 3 months.

Posted: Sep 8, 2011 at 4:33 Quote
I'm 21 and making 55 000 or so per year as a welding apprentice.

Posted: Sep 8, 2011 at 12:48 Quote
i work at best buy and make $10.50 an hour! woo!

Posted: Sep 9, 2011 at 15:49 Quote
I work at the Apple Store, part time while I'm in school. for retail, I get paid awesome, and it's great as a part time job while I'm in school as it's pretty flexible and employs a lot of other students.

edit: oh, I'm 21.

Posted: Sep 10, 2011 at 6:02 Quote
mistteam wrote:
I work at the Apple Store, part time while I'm in school. for retail, I get paid awesome, and it's great as a part time job while I'm in school as it's pretty flexible and employs a lot of other students.

does apple actually give you employee discounts at all?

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 at 10:48 Quote
odin333 wrote:
mistteam wrote:

for sure

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 at 10:52 Quote
mistteam wrote:
odin333 wrote:
mistteam wrote:

for sure

oh, i know i don't have any employee discount on any apple stuff besides Apple TV. i heard they didn't give even people in the company discounts.

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 at 18:45 Quote
UNEMPLOYED!!! i make no money and have no benifits! ive been doing it for about 2 weeks.

It sucks! im goign back to being self employed its the BEST! i love everyminuit of being self emplyed. i ran my own moving company and junk hauling. worked a few hrs a day and made a decent amount of money. even employed my un-employed friends.

Posted: Oct 2, 2011 at 22:34 Quote
canucker wrote:
UNEMPLOYED!!! i make no money and have no benifits! ive been doing it for about 2 weeks.

It sucks! im goign back to being self employed its the BEST! i love everyminuit of being self emplyed. i ran my own moving company and junk hauling. worked a few hrs a day and made a decent amount of money. even employed my un-employed friends.

tell me about it....i'm unemployed too...hoping to get work at the LBS.

Posted: Oct 2, 2011 at 23:40 Quote
Almost 16, work at a bike shop, make minimum wage at $8 USD, but it's okay because I get cost on errthang.

Posted: Oct 2, 2011 at 23:54 Quote
carpy95 wrote:
Almost 16, work at a bike shop, make minimum wage at $8 USD, but it's okay because I get cost on errthang.

is it that low in the US? it's $10.50 an hour here...cost of living perhaps?

Posted: Oct 3, 2011 at 7:26 Quote
debonis wrote:
carpy95 wrote:

is it that low in the US? it's $10.50 an hour here...cost of living perhaps?
I have no expenses but lunch once a week and bikes.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010298
Mobile Version of Website