2012 Kona Operator!

PB Forum :: Kona
2012 Kona Operator!
Posted: Nov 6, 2016 at 2:28 Quote
raidenCZE wrote:
hermannrv8890 wrote:
getting mine now for 1000 USD, because of price drop. it´s a 2012. Comes with a boxxer and DHX RC4 rear shock both 200. Good buy or not? help!
I would rather buy 2013. What i've been told: The 2013 frame has improved durability of downtube, which was snapping on 2011 and 2012 version. Don't know if the headtube welding was improved as well bcs mine one failed. All my friends including me on 2012 had small dents from boxxer bumpers and one of them had big one on downtube. But I had good times on this bike.

You therefore don't see any restriction to buy a second hand 2013 operator in good physical state? (The green one)

Posted: Nov 6, 2016 at 9:19 Quote
As I told, i dont know if the headtube welding issue was fixxed and I never saw 2013 one to check the dents. But all frames are snapable, saw 2105 gambler broken 3 weeks ago from big cased jump and never heard about gamblers being broken. Altrough no one has such a bad braking history like kona.

Posted: Nov 11, 2016 at 19:36 Quote
Well after a slight nose case on a jump at a decent speed my operator frame is GARBAGE! Didnt even crash witch is the best part. The down tube is bent to shit. I've been riding for 20 years and have never seen a frame do this in my life! If I can figure out how to post a picture here I will.

Posted: Nov 12, 2016 at 2:37 Quote
2011 or 2012 frame?
Best thing is, that you will see how fragille it is right on first look, especially how sensitive it will be for impacts like front case Big Grin i know how you feel.

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 17:39 Quote
peach wrote:
Well after a slight nose case on a jump at a decent speed my operator frame is GARBAGE! Didnt even crash witch is the best part. The down tube is bent to shit. I've been riding for 20 years and have never seen a frame do this in my life! If I can figure out how to post a picture here I will.

Lol, your buy/sell posting says downtube was dented when you bought it and it's been that way for a couple of years! Also said it was damaged from falling off a rack.

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 17:54 Quote
R-P-S wrote:
peach wrote:

Lol, your but/sell posting says downtube was dented when you bought it and it's been that way for a couple of years! Also said it was damaged from falling off a rack.

Well spotted sir Book

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 10:19 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
R-P-S wrote:
peach wrote:

Lol, your but/sell posting says downtube was dented when you bought it and it's been that way for a couple of years! Also said it was damaged from falling off a rack.

Well spotted sir Book

That is hilarious and yes well spotted.

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 14:58 Quote
KonaTrevor wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:
R-P-S wrote:

Well spotted sir Book

Well long story short it may have been dented before I bought it under a bunch of stickers that were on the bike when i bought it. I confronted the guy who sold it to me and he said it fell of a car rack? Lol either way I finished it off for sure with a nose case that was the reason I ended up taking the stickers off the frame because the downtube dent was noticeable...

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 15:36 Quote
peach wrote:
KonaTrevor wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:

Well spotted sir Book

Well long story short it may have been dented before I bought it under a bunch of stickers that were on the bike when i bought it. I confronted the guy who sold it to me and he said it fell of a car rack? Lol either way I finished it off for sure with a nose case that was the reason I ended up taking the stickers off the frame because the downtube dent was noticeable...
[PI= size=l0 align=c][/PI]
Dent

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 15:39 Quote
peach wrote:
peach wrote:
KonaTrevor wrote:

[PI= size=l0 align=c][/PI]
Dent
that's one of the dents I found under a sticker from the previous owner and I was never told about any of the dents under the stickers. So I confronted the seller and he told me it "fell off a rack in transportation".... I've only owned the bike a week I'm not very happy anyways. I think his for sale ad is still up on here.

Posted: Nov 16, 2016 at 1:55 Quote
Dont know man, friend had even worst dent, it was like bowl for skateboarding and it held together for month at least. He sold it and the new owner disn't said a word till now. Don't know why, it's kona so maybe he can't speak anymore. I hope you are not offended by kona black humour :-D

Posted: Nov 17, 2016 at 5:50 Quote
natzwebb wrote:
Not quiet finished but very close now. Kona operator mk3 build

My nearly completed project bike.

Full custom operator 2012
Just the shock upgrade to go now.

Custom fox dhx rc4 just assembled https m.facebook.com CaseHydrographix

Custom modified fox dhx rc4 by me at case Custom cycles.

but what do you guys think? I think she's a rockin'. I'll have some propper pics up over the next week as she's put through the last finishing touches.

I think that looks very nice indeed Big Grin

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 3:36 Quote
Can anyone tell me what type of hanger the 2017 operator takes? I've tried to get the hanger guide up but I can't download it whilst at work.

Cheers

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2017 at 11:26 Quote
V5TT hanger.
TomMorganLittle wrote:
Can anyone tell me what type of hanger the 2017 operator takes? I've tried to get the hanger guide up but I can't download it whilst at work.

Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025742
Mobile Version of Website