2012 Kona Operator!

PB Forum :: Kona
2012 Kona Operator!
Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 9:26 Quote
KonaTrevor wrote:
V5TT hanger.
TomMorganLittle wrote:
Can anyone tell me what type of hanger the 2017 operator takes? I've tried to get the hanger guide up but I can't download it whilst at work.

Cheers
Thanks man

Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 2:23 Quote
hello!
I need your help! My girlfriend has the Kona Operator 2013 and she needs a new headset.
The specifications on the Kona Website say, that the headset is FSA Orbit 1.5B ZS No.57B-1.

But i can not find this headset anywhere to buy in Germany and Austria.
Do you know if they have changed to a new one?
alternatively, do you have any other suggestions?

thank you!

Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 19:00 Quote
Demo8AUT wrote:
hello!
I need your help! My girlfriend has the Kona Operator 2013 and she needs a new headset.
The specifications on the Kona Website say, that the headset is FSA Orbit 1.5B ZS No.57B-1.

thank you!
Zs56 and zs44

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 6:46 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Demo8AUT wrote:
hello!

thank you!
Zs56 and zs44

thanks for your reply mate!

do you also have measurement of the steering tube?

thanks

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 8:47 Quote
take off the fork and look at the steerer.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 13:02 Quote
Just found how my operator ended up...
photo

Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 7:24 Quote
Hi, does anyone tried different spring rates on his operator? (the 2011-2014 model). I have a painted Spring which I can't read the rate and a 500 lbs. the painted is too light but if someone tried different rates can please tell me how much differences between them? I'm injured now so I can't. (I don t follow normal 30% or so sag rule so I need only a circa comparison). Thanks

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 at 4:37 Quote
I somehow lost my top shock bolt on my 2012 operator. Does anyone know the dimensions/type of bolt this is? Trying to figure out if I could get it from a hardware store vs ordering through a bike shop.

Posted: Oct 29, 2018 at 9:45 Quote
hey guys! i want to grease the bearings of my girldfriends kona operator 2013. when i try to losen the screw, it is impossible to remove it from the bearing, it is also not possible to tighten it again. unlike at my demo where i losen the screw and i am able to remove it, it is not possible here.

any hints what i might miss?
cheers

Posted: Oct 29, 2018 at 12:12 Quote
Demo8AUT wrote:
hey guys! i want to grease the bearings of my girldfriends kona operator 2013. when i try to losen the screw, it is impossible to remove it from the bearing, it is also not possible to tighten it again. unlike at my demo where i losen the screw and i am able to remove it, it is not possible here.

any hints what i might miss?
cheers

Can you send photos of what you mean? There are a lot of bearing on the frame. I’m not sure which one you are talking about

Posted: Oct 29, 2018 at 18:07 Quote
BryanBobo wrote:
Can you send photos of what you mean? There are a lot of bearing on the frame. I’m not sure which one you are talking about

thanks for your reply!

here is a link to the picture - i do not know how to upload here on the forum:
https://ibb.co/kFeRXf

as you can see, the screw is already loosened and would actually be ready to remove, but somehow it is not possible. i tried with other screws below the seat and those screws can be removed easily. but the one at the rear (both) can not be removed.

a friend thought that i would need to remove the wheel and maybe loosen the shock and other parts of the frame, but that actually does not make sense to me, as i would have the same problems when tightening.

thank you!

Posted: Oct 30, 2018 at 4:20 Quote
Demo8AUT wrote:
BryanBobo wrote:

thanks for your reply!

here is a link to the picture - i do not know how to upload here on the forum:
https://ibb.co/kFeRXf

as you can see, the screw is already loosened and would actually be ready to remove, but somehow it is not possible. i tried with other screws below the seat and those screws can be removed easily. but the one at the rear (both) can not be removed.

a friend thought that i would need to remove the wheel and maybe loosen the shock and other parts of the frame, but that actually does not make sense to me, as i would have the same problems when tightening.

thank you!

I would recommend removing the wheel and shock. I’m guessing the weight of the wheel is basically pinching the bolt in the frame. If you take the wheel off and just lightly wiggle the frame and bolt it should slide out. If that doesn’t work I might try using a tire lever or something that won’t damage the frame and trying to push the bolt out by lightly wedging it behind the head of the bolt.

Posted: Nov 3, 2018 at 12:32 Quote
after removing wheel and shock, there is still no progress to remove the screws. i even removed screws from other connections, but it is not possible to open the parts of frame where bearings are to clean all the connections.

edit: violence helped, all screws removed and bearings re-greased Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014167
Mobile Version of Website