Proper Downhill Riding in and Around Queenstown

PB Forum :: Australia / New-Zealand
Proper Downhill Riding in and Around Queenstown
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 17, 2011 at 14:39 Quote
I live in Whistler and race downhill all Summer in and around Canada. I'll be doing a trip down to New Zealand and more specifically Queenstown to get away from the snow and get some training in. I know there is the new bike park there(skyline?) and I was wondering what the trails are like if they are good for training downhill etc. Also was wondering where Gee and Stevie filmed for Follow Me and if its possible to ride those trails. Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers, Nick.

Posted: Sep 18, 2011 at 2:43 Quote
never been too queens town but going next year! Big Grin
my dad has been and he said they rode the track in follow me so I'm pretty sure you can.
and the athertons spent a while there training so the DH must be sick.

Posted: Sep 18, 2011 at 4:35 Quote
ngeddes wrote:
I live in Whistler and race downhill all Summer in and around Canada. I'll be doing a trip down to New Zealand and more specifically Queenstown to get away from the snow and get some training in. I know there is the new bike park there(skyline?) and I was wondering what the trails are like if they are good for training downhill etc. Also was wondering where Gee and Stevie filmed for Follow Me and if its possible to ride those trails. Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers, Nick.

The locals will look after you if you ask nicely Cool

Skyline has some pretty decent runs, not as many as the big parks over your way but it pretty decent and has some hard charging locals to give you someone to chase.

Posted: Sep 18, 2011 at 9:27 Quote
Taane wrote:
never been too queens town but going next year! Big Grin
my dad has been and he said they rode the track in follow me so I'm pretty sure you can.
and the athertons spent a while there training so the DH must be sick.
Do you know where that track is?

Posted: Sep 25, 2011 at 16:01 Quote
Yo Nick, check out http://www.ridequeenstown.com . Tracks from Follow me are Zoot, Skippers Canyon, coronet peak DH and Dirt Park DH!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006175
Mobile Version of Website