Advice on dent

Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Sep 19, 2011 at 10:06 Quote
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/AMhWfmG3mCvrIrMa161GCA?feat=directlink

Hey guys, looking at purchasing a frame but am a little concerned by a dent on the down tube near the bb. Would this size dent be anything to worry about ( I only have very basic engineering knowledge)?

It's on a Trek Remedy

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 at 5:42 Quote
Sorry could not get your link to work, but if there is not any major stress marks on paint then will be fine,
If is stress marks on paint then strip of paint and check bare metal for cracks if no cracks then is unlikely to get worse

Posted: Sep 22, 2011 at 19:54 Quote
Had same problem, just found it a sec ago, only on a Fuji suncrest tho check it out.
My baby in the making

Posted: Sep 22, 2011 at 22:18 Quote
wtf are you talking about? there is no dent on that downtube nick. the only other thing i can think your talking about is the metal working of the chainstay which is completely normal and like that on 99% of aluminum hardtail XC bikes.

Posted: Sep 23, 2011 at 9:45 Quote
odin333 wrote:
wtf are you talking about? there is no dent on that downtube nick. the only other thing i can think your talking about is the metal working of the chainstay which is completely normal and like that on 99% of aluminum hardtail XC bikes.
Na man that is a dent, cause its not the same on the other side.

Posted: Sep 23, 2011 at 9:48 Quote
Nick your bikes dent is for chainring clearance,if it's the same on the other side then that's just cheap mfr.

Posted: Sep 23, 2011 at 9:50 Quote
marquis wrote:
Nick your bikes dent is for chainring clearance,if it's the same on the other side then that's just cheap mfr.
Thanks man my other bikes have that to.

Posted: Sep 23, 2011 at 9:57 Quote
nickthebadassnelson wrote:
marquis wrote:
Nick your bikes dent is for chainring clearance,if it's the same on the other side then that's just cheap mfr.
Thanks man my other bikes have that to.

Like odin said most all of the hard tails as just allows clearance for your chain rings.

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Active Forum Threads
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006104
Mobile Version of Website