Who carries 661 pressure suits in stock?

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Who carries 661 pressure suits in stock?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 6:38 Quote
Anyone know any shops in the GTA/Barrie/Collingwood that usually carry 661 pressure suits in stock? Looking to order a 661 Comp Pressure suit but want to try some on to ensure I get the right size rather than just ordering online and hoping for the best.

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 6:52 Quote
Not sure of the bike shops since I rarely go in one but I believe Royal Distributing carries them (or did in the past) as well as a few others. I do highly recommend the Troy Lee CP5955. I have used 661 pressure suits and other types before and they have never felt 100% comfortable, breathed well, or fit well. The CP5955 breathes extremely well, fits like a glove (you really do forget you are wearing armour), is Leatt compatible if you ever go that route, is very adjustable to get the perfect fit, you can remove the arm and shoulder protection and just wear it as a vest, etc..... The only concern with the CP5955 would be the spine protection doesn't quite go down far enough if you're a 6 footer (I'm not).

I'll invite a few guys to this thread that live around your area and hopefully they will chime in with shops that carry the suit you're looking for.

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 6:54 Quote
Thanks, I'll take a look at that. I AM a 6 footer though.

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 6:59 Quote
Freak! I kid I kid. If you're at Royal try one on (CP5955).

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 7:03 Quote
Royal doesn't carry them anymore. I tried there this spring, they stopped at the end of last year.

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 7:36 Quote
Kamikaze has the Vapor suit in stock (as of a few weeks ago). I think that was the only 661 suit they had in stock, but I'm sure they could order other ones in if you wanted. I tried it on and it fits pretty nice. They also carry Fox and POC suits.

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 8:29 Quote
That's in Collingwood right?

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 8:50 Quote
EMSbyDay wrote:
That's in Collingwood right?

Yep: http://www.kamikazebikes.com/

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2011 at 21:59 Quote
I had the 2009/2010 (white) pressure suit. It fitted well enough and vented decently. The only problem I had with mine was that the elbow pads kept shifting offering little to no elbow protection. And yes, I found that out the hard way after crashing twice on the same elbow in a matter of 10 minutes.

Posted: Sep 28, 2011 at 9:09 Quote
Not sure if you managed to find one yet but Kamikaze in Collingwood has one XL 661 hanging. They also have POC and TLD.

Posted: Sep 28, 2011 at 10:50 Quote
Havent been up that way yet, will check it out. I'm def not an XL though.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009425
Mobile Version of Website