What is your rear shocks spring rate..

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
What is your rear shocks spring rate..
Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 6:59 Quote
Does your shock have any compression adjustments? Perhaps I missed this in the thread for some reason?

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 7:01 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
Does your shock have any compression adjustments? Perhaps I missed this in the thread for some reason?
nope, just rebound and spring preload. it's a very basic Fox Vanilla R.

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 7:07 Quote
I would take it to a shop because there is defo something wrong, i have the exact same setup in my shop right now and its fine for me, can't bottom it out at all really. Either that, or look at another shock, might be an idea to upgrade and have done with it.

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 11:23 Quote
theoutpost wrote:
I would take it to a shop because there is defo something wrong, i have the exact same setup in my shop right now and its fine for me, can't bottom it out at all really. Either that, or look at another shock, might be an idea to upgrade and have done with it.
my LBS has looked at it for me and they agree that a new spring would fix it but if i have enough money in the spring for a new shock, i'm just going to get a DHX Air. i'm in the shop a lot and am pretty good friends with the guys who own and run the place so i know they're not lying to me either. a quick question for you though, is the spring on the one in your shop really cranked down or is it just a few turns in off of being completely loose like the manual says it should be?

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 11:32 Quote
sorry to "-eric- " for kinda jacking your thread. i hope you don't mind because it is now helping someone else.

O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 12:22 Quote
oh no problem man...hope they can help youBig Grin

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 12:36 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
theoutpost wrote:
my LBS has looked at it for me and they agree that a new spring would fix it but if i have enough money in the spring for a new shock, i'm just going to get a DHX Air. i'm in the shop a lot and am pretty good friends with the guys who own and run the place so i know they're not lying to me either. a quick question for you though, is the spring on the one in your shop really cranked down or is it just a few turns in off of being completely loose like the manual says it should be?
Yeah, pretty much slack, i get a nice 25% sag on it which is perfect for firm FR.

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 6:22 Quote
ive just picked up a secondhand commencal and it has a 800x2.30 spring on it! i only when 65kg...need to change it me thinks Razz

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 9:04 Quote
So to understand what ive read over the last 4 pages..

I weight 145 lbs ... My current DHX 3.0 has a 550 x 2.80 on it and i cant even get 10% sag standing up with a backpack on...

So a 450 x 2.80 should be ok then?

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 9:06 Quote
i have a nuke proof TI coil and its a 300lbs - 3.25

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 at 4:50 Quote
Help! I think i have the wrong ratio spring on my bike. Its a 500x2.80 spring on a fox vanilla r which is on a 2004 kona stinky. it feels to soft for me and i'm 13St 4Lbs. please help. o and i2i is 200mm not sure on stroke yet as not had chance to measure.

Posted: Aug 3, 2011 at 16:09 Quote
I'd hope the stroke is 2.8 (actually I believe fox does something funny there and the stroke should actually be 2.75" or something like that).

What is 13st in pounds, and perhaps I am just uneducated but isn't 13st 4lb improper, should it not be 13 point something stone???

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 at 9:57 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
I'd hope the stroke is 2.8 (actually I believe fox does something funny there and the stroke should actually be 2.75" or something like that).

What is 13st in pounds, and perhaps I am just uneducated but isn't 13st 4lb improper, should it not be 13 point something stone???
85kg or 187lbs

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011195
Mobile Version of Website