Post here if your looking forword to Night Riding.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post here if your looking forword to Night Riding.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 22, 2011 at 2:59 Quote
Hi Guys

Just thought id open this up as i cant wait to start Night riding.

Ive just gone and bought my first good set of lights, and cant wait for them to arrive.

I will be mostly riding the forest of dean, and cant wait.

Please post what your looking forword too and where your be night riding.

Posted: Sep 22, 2011 at 7:11 Quote
ripping one way trails backwards because nobody else is out, seeing all the animal eyes in the woods, post ride beers at the bars with drunk girls dressed to impress dancing to hip-hop

Posted: Sep 22, 2011 at 8:38 Quote
briz wrote:
ripping one way trails backwards because nobody else is out, seeing all the animal eyes in the woods, post ride beers at the bars with drunk girls dressed to impress dancing to hip-hop

Yep love having the trails to myself, no hip hop for me tho thxs bud 

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2011 at 14:17 Quote
coop83 wrote:
Hi Guys

Ive just gone and bought my first good set of lights, and cant wait for them to arrive.

Not necessarily looking forward to it, but going to do it out of necessity as the days are soon to be short, dark, and cold! Most likely wet, too.

Posted: Sep 22, 2011 at 18:37 Quote
coop83 wrote:
Hi Guys

I always look forward to my night rides. My local club has been doing weekly night rides (which I helped start) year-round since 1985.

Posted: Sep 23, 2011 at 6:50 Quote
The only night rides I ever get to take are on the way home after a 12 hour shift on the slave ship.Jail

Posted: Sep 23, 2011 at 9:59 Quote
I think it will make the normal trails feel like a whole new world Smile

Posted: Sep 23, 2011 at 10:05 Quote
shiggy wrote:
coop83 wrote:
Hi Guys

I always look forward to my night rides. My local club has been doing weekly night rides (which I helped start) year-round since 1985.

Fair play pal, so you started night rides when i was 2 years old  did you have ligjts or candels?? 

Posted: Sep 23, 2011 at 11:54 Quote
coop83 wrote:
shiggy wrote:
coop83 wrote:
Hi Guys

Fair play pal, so you started night rides when i was 2 years old  did you have ligjts or candels?? 

Compared to today's lights, they were candles. A 2.4w halogen bulb was the norm. 6w was like a stadium light.

O+
Posted: Oct 3, 2011 at 17:12 Quote
Night riding rocks! Totally changes the trail. Just don't forget to charge your light!! Forgot last week and it made for an interesting ride down between two riders with lights.

Posted: Oct 3, 2011 at 17:15 Quote
i like being a midnight street goon

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 at 14:23 Quote
30 mins in to my first night ride of the season using lights, and around a corner out of the dark sprang a log laid lengthways down an easy trail. For which I received a separated shoulder.

With daylight I would have had enough reaction time to avoid.

And what's more I've twatted myself bigtime twice before under night lighting and it's always been completely unexpected. At least in daylight you generally know what's going to hurt you before you do it.

So for me, I definitely am looking forward to getting back on my bike. Itching from head to toe in fact!!! And I enjoy riding nights, because I just enjoy riding, whatever.

But I'm also looking forward to long hot dry summer evenings where I can see properly thanks :-)

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 at 14:55 Quote
Both myself and my dog are looking forward to our night rides! No more having to share the trails with dog walkers and their out of control aggressive dogs!

Besides, my dog loves being dressed up in all her lights and bells and crashing through the bush at night. She gets seriously jazzed. Big Grin

Posted: Oct 5, 2011 at 2:35 Quote
twebeast wrote:
30 mins in to my first night ride of the season using lights, and around a corner out of the dark sprang a log laid lengthways down an easy trail. For which I received a separated shoulder.

With daylight I would have had enough reaction time to avoid.

And what's more I've twatted myself bigtime twice before under night lighting and it's always been completely unexpected. At least in daylight you generally know what's going to hurt you before you do it.

So for me, I definitely am looking forward to getting back on my bike. Itching from head to toe in fact!!! And I enjoy riding nights, because I just enjoy riding, whatever.

But I'm also looking forward to long hot dry summer evenings where I can see properly thanks :-)

Nasty pal.. Hope you get back on your bike soon. Yes im now finding how different the "easy" trails are using night lights, but im loving it.

Posted: Oct 5, 2011 at 2:36 Quote
rottenguy wrote:
Both myself and my dog are looking forward to our night rides! No more having to share the trails with dog walkers and their out of control aggressive dogs!

Besides, my dog loves being dressed up in all her lights and bells and crashing through the bush at night. She gets seriously jazzed. Big Grin

Sounds good mate, but dont think lights would work on my dogs, they would end up runing after the light. Lol.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012738
Mobile Version of Website