Official XC/AM Tire discussion

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Official XC/AM Tire discussion
Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 14:06 Quote
Pretty happy with the performance of the Vigilante last night on a very steep, rooty, loose, rocky, dusty track: http://www.strava.com/segments/10800417 — Morepork DH

It slipped a couple of times on the dust but I was heavy on the brakes and trying to turn on an off-camber so I can't really blame the tyre for that. I was also running my tyres and suspension a bit hard for a technical track like this. I'm definitely going back to have another go asap.

Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 6:48 Quote
Which one is better for an all year round front tyre?
Shorty 2.3 maxtera exo or Magic mary ss ts?

Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 8:19 Quote
whatever the Heel is riding these days

Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 8:25 Quote
iffy wrote:
whatever the Heel is riding these days

Shorty, right?

Or riddler. One of them is supposed to be a decent all-rounder. Depending on your terrain.

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 11:15 Quote
I'd ride Shorty all round, but not Riddler. I dislike semi-slicks

Heels probably still on Vigis, he's like a vegan or crossfitter, he'll let you know before you ask...

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 11:16 Quote
he is on maxxis now, he gave away his man card!

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 15:11 Quote
Shortys are the nuts

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 22:27 Quote
nealy578 wrote:
Shortys are the nuts

I've only ridden the Shorty in dry conditions on the DH version. Was supremely impressed however. Can't wait to try it out in the wet if it ever rains.

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 23:58 Quote
panaphonic wrote:
nealy578 wrote:
Shortys are the nuts

I've only ridden the Shorty in dry conditions on the DH version. Was supremely impressed however. Can't wait to try it out in the wet if it ever rains.
They work really well in the wet.

Posted: Feb 17, 2016 at 0:00 Quote
The wether has been terrible here the last month or so, I've switched the dhf out to a shorty and the improvement is vast!

Posted: Feb 17, 2016 at 3:51 Quote
my bike is not compatible with latest hardware so using legacy swampthings

Posted: Feb 17, 2016 at 10:38 Quote
Needing some tire advice. Currently running ardent 27.5x2.4 front and rear and though I like them for dry weather, I'm noticing they're not handling mud and leaves too well especially steep slippery climbs. So I'm looking for a front rear combo that would work well for the loose stuff, I do ride on the road a little and I want to keep them into the summer so preferably something all around. I prefer WTB or Maxxis. What works for everyone else?

Posted: Feb 17, 2016 at 10:41 Quote
From what I've been hearing maxxis shorty sounds like what you need.

Posted: Feb 17, 2016 at 10:48 Quote
HR2 is a good allrounder with better mud shreding than Ardent, DHF and DHR2.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020440
Mobile Version of Website