Official XC/AM Tire discussion

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Official XC/AM Tire discussion
O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 12:35 Quote
Can anyone share your experiences with a Maxxis Aggressor 29x2.5 WT in EXO casing? I have tried the 2.3 version but want to hear about the 2.5. Was it a lot slower going uphill compared to the 2.3?

Thanks!

Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 19:15 Quote
How's the new Hans dampf doing as a rear tire? Better than the Nobby nic? Leaves are falling here and its wet as fawk. Likely get paired with a Magic Mary up front.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2018 at 6:12 Quote
Huge improvement on rolling resistance from E13 to Dhf/aggressor combo. Will save the E13 for park days when I don’t have to pedal lol! The 2.5 wt are slightly larger than e13 tires. Didn’t mic as it is minimal difference. The maxxis tires have a rounder profile which helps a ton.

Posted: Sep 22, 2018 at 7:22 Quote
Superlate79 wrote:
Huge improvement on rolling resistance from E13 to Dhf/aggressor combo. Will save the E13 for park days when I don’t have to pedal lol! The 2.5 wt are slightly larger than e13 tires. Didn’t mic as it is minimal difference. The maxxis tires have a rounder profile which helps a ton.

Do you think the e13 setup is that much more grippy than your maxxis setup?

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2018 at 10:11 Quote
Front looses traction quicker with dhf than e13, Rear didn’t notice a big change beside rolling resistance for my local trails.

Posted: Oct 11, 2018 at 19:41 Quote
I’m trying to find really good rolling resistance tires. Basically, I’m riding about 5 miles to the trailhead on the road and I’m looking for a really fast/light tire combo for Florida trials. Currently looking at running a Rekon Race 2.25 front and Ikon 2.2. Any other suggestions or tips?
Running on a Scott Scale hardtail for racing around 150 pounds kitted up.

Posted: Oct 11, 2018 at 20:05 Quote
Uh.... your tires are already low on the weight spectrum and small on the width spectrum. You can either hit the gym/build some endurance or carry a separate set of wheels/rubber with you to change once you’re off the road. The choice should be obvious. If you changed to a gravel tire you would be miserable once you hit the trail/started to Mountain bike

Posted: Oct 12, 2018 at 16:13 Quote
stonant wrote:
Uh.... your tires are already low on the weight spectrum and small on the width spectrum. You can either hit the gym/build some endurance or carry a separate set of wheels/rubber with you to change once you’re off the road. The choice should be obvious. If you changed to a gravel tire you would be miserable once you hit the trail/started to Mountain bike
Most of my question was about the combo. I’m definitely not running gravel tires but wanted opinions on other combos that have worked well for other.

Posted: Oct 13, 2018 at 0:24 Quote
Furious Fred rear, Racing Ralph front worked well for my boss on dry trails.

Or try Aspen on the rear and Ikon front. Ardent Race front could be nice too.

Posted: Oct 15, 2018 at 22:12 Quote
do you guys have feedback on spez tires? i'm currently running schwalbe's (mm front and hd rear) that are due for replacement already and then stumbled on spez tires (butcher and purgatory) that are really really cheap (around $40)

are these tires good replacement for magic mary's and hans dampf's?

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 9:53 Quote
heyyy guys,

looking for some good shoulder season tire options for my 2015 giant trace 1 27.5

i commute and ride all mountain on it

what do you guys think for the shoulder season?

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 14:48 Quote
giantluvryyc wrote:
heyyy guys,

looking for some good shoulder season tire options for my 2015 giant trace 1 27.5

Magic Mary or Der Baron Projekt are both safe options.

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 17:20 Quote
giantluvryyc wrote:
heyyy guys,

Shorty.

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 0:48 Quote
giantluvryyc wrote:
heyyy guys,

Hillbilly front Butcher rear

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 17:23 Quote
Pretty stoked about E13 new S/S tire to match up with the original E13 tire up front.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022732
Mobile Version of Website