Fork oil change

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Fork oil change
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 28, 2011 at 12:44 Quote
Got my trailstar dmr a few days ago and the forks didnt have any attention for about 2 years, They still work fine no squeaking or anything. do they need oli change thought? if so do you think i should do it myself (im not really experienced) or go to service with it?

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2011 at 14:24 Quote
it would be helpful if we knew what kind of fork this is

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 at 7:05 Quote
yeh 2 years with no work, just give them a service, not sure about oil? post the fork details here, or search for the right docs. e.g. rochshox oil volumes 2008. or just take them to your lbs and they can price you up a service

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 at 7:53 Quote
Marzocchi Bomber :Smile

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 at 9:07 Quote
I dont have a clue what model these are, quiet old mayb you could recognize if i post a pic?

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 at 10:02 Quote
damnam wrote:
I dont have a clue what model these are, quiet old mayb you could recognize if i post a pic?

yep

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 at 12:47 Quote
Im pretty sure they are marzocchi bomber z3

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 at 17:14 Quote
Dont buy your fork oil at an LBS...
Go to a motorsports shop (dirt bikes etc)
You'll pay about 1/3 and it's probably better oil.

Posted: Oct 5, 2011 at 12:40 Quote
Thanks alot guys, where can i get the exact seals i need? if i go to a bike shop and tell them my fork model will they be able to identify them?

Posted: Oct 18, 2011 at 10:36 Quote
Are these deffinitely the ones i need ?
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Brands.aspx?BrandID=151&CategoryID=601

Posted: Oct 18, 2011 at 13:48 Quote
And the question is, is it worth doing these forks? They are quiet old for a fact.

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2011 at 12:10 Quote
cobba wrote:
damnam wrote:
And the question is, is it worth doing these forks? They are quiet old for a fact.

Do the forks still work ok ?
Plenty of people still use older forks then what you have.
New oil, new seals if needed, new bushes if needed and the fork should keep working for a few more years yet..

Eh..... If that were to come into my shop I'd probably be charging you between 150 and 200 parts+labor. And thats because I have a bushing tool and access to old marzocchi specs. Most shops do not have that. So I'd say if it came to that level you'd be better off getting a different fork

Posted: Oct 21, 2011 at 9:38 Quote
Yeah the forks work pretty well, they dont stop they do work fluently, but i think there isnt much oil inside as i can hear sucking in there when the fork rebounds. If you know what i mean

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014345
Mobile Version of Website