LAD Thread *Banter...... And shtuff.*

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
LAD Thread *Banter...... And shtuff.*
Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 11:47 Quote
He has some amazing vids om his channel when you go through

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 12:51 Quote
mini-freerider wrote:
My voltage was great fun.

If you're going to leave it in one travel setting, I felt like the Sx trail was a much better bike.

Considered a zesty, enduro or something of that style? GT is very wearing on a freeride bike.

Aaannnnd- for £1200 or so you'd get something really sweet second hand. Depends how much the cash payout is.
I'm thinking that since I've got the car now I'll manage to get up different hills more often than just Glentress, maybe a bit more Innerleithen, whatever there is around the Glasgow area and up around the lochs, maybe even down t' yorkshire way. Just kinda want a squishy that I don't need to worry about riding too hard - probably not something I need to worry about at my skill level but hopefully it will improve, the Void isn't exactly suited to Inners so maybe I'll find some room for improvement through the bike and some practice in new places too.

I'm not a fan of pedalling up hills too Wink But maybe I should get a shot of a proper enduro bike and see what the crack is

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 13:22 Quote
Biscuitto wrote:
mini-freerider wrote:

If you're going to leave it in one travel setting, I felt like the Sx trail was a much better bike.

Considered a zesty, enduro or something of that style? GT is very wearing on a freeride bike.

Aaannnnd- for £1200 or so you'd get something really sweet second hand. Depends how much the cash payout is.
I'm thinking that since I've got the car now I'll manage to get up different hills more often than just Glentress, maybe a bit more Innerleithen, whatever there is around the Glasgow area and up around the lochs, maybe even down t' yorkshire way. Just kinda want a squishy that I don't need to worry about riding too hard - probably not something I need to worry about at my skill level but hopefully it will improve, the Void isn't exactly suited to Inners so maybe I'll find some room for improvement through the bike and some practice in new places too.

I'm not a fan of pedalling up hills too Wink But maybe I should get a shot of a proper enduro bike and see what the crack is

Im selling a nice 2013 trek fuel ex8 for £1300 lad price if your intrigued?

reverb
kashima 32's
slx brakeset
Slx 10 speed clutch shifting

Just been fully serviced and running 110% sweet.

130mm rear travel 140mm front. So is definitely not in the DH/FR category but if you want something thats a bit lighter then this ticks the boxes

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 15:21 Quote
Sounds no bad. Will definitely consider it. Tbh though if the cash payment is an alright deal over the bike shop money then I daresay it wouldn't all be put towards bikes. Bank balance makes me crey evertim so it'd be wise for me to save something

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 15:27 Quote
My yt wicked frame and wheels could work for you?

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 15:37 Quote
I kinda need all the other bits as well Wink

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 16:47 Quote
Biscuitto wrote:
mini-freerider wrote:

Sx trail is probably a decent shout. Though you'll like the voltage too.

There was some well specced large ones on the buysell for about 1K.

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 16:53 Quote
dhmoose wrote:
mini-freerider wrote:
dhmoose wrote:

Big Bang. Enjoy.

How do they indicate where they want that bomb to go?

Or does the pilot/co-pilot do it?

I enjoyed regardless haha.

Grid reference is passed to the pilot, he has a targeting pod which then gives him an image of the target, he then uses a laser designator which the JDAM follows. You can lase so it hits an individual or thread it through a window. 6000lb of high explosive is fun when it goes bang.

That was the bit I was wondering, how do they give a grid reference? Are they trained to estimate the coordinate relative to their position?

Seems like an awful risk if it's an estimate. Haha

Are you still ACC?

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 16:59 Quote
I should find what the cash equivalent is in the next couple of days and let yall know. Will probably make a seperate thread to not clog this yin

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 5:01 Quote
S
mini-freerider wrote:
dhmoose wrote:
mini-freerider wrote:

How do they indicate where they want that bomb to go?

Or does the pilot/co-pilot do it?

I enjoyed regardless haha.

Grid reference is passed to the pilot, he has a targeting pod which then gives him an image of the target, he then uses a laser designator which the JDAM follows. You can lase so it hits an individual or thread it through a window. 6000lb of high explosive is fun when it goes bang.

That was the bit I was wondering, how do they give a grid reference? Are they trained to estimate the coordinate relative to their position?

Seems like an awful risk if it's an estimate. Haha

Are you still ACC?
With a map, compass, gps, rangefinder. There's loads of combinations that can give an accurate reference.
It's the AAC, and yes I'm still in.

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 9:28 Quote
Makes more sense.

I'd always thought you were air combat command, I'll stop playing 20q though. Haha

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 6:24 Quote
Happy birthday Jums

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 6:28 Quote
Cheers, forgot it was my birthday till about lunchtime today. #oldmanproblems

Got the spikes fitted to the dh steed last night so im ready to start cutting up some new tracks, spades are for the unimaginative... this is enduro.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022715
Mobile Version of Website