Battlefield Discussion.

PB Forum :: Computers, Games & Technology
Battlefield Discussion.
Posted: Nov 9, 2013 at 11:26 Quote
How's "good gaming" becoming worse? That actually makes me quite mad about people who play on PC, Ps4 Will have 64 players, it looks quite the same online as bf4, I won't have to baby it like a pc. There are dicks everywhere, on console and on PC, my ps3 costed me 300€ and that for me, number wise is cheaper than a pc, ok I won't have steam sales, but I do get psplus, 50€ a year and I get TONS of free games.

I understand that people like playing on PC, I like playing on console and for me that's about it, the plug and play as a mid term between casual and hardcore player is fundamental for me.

The only thing I play on PC is minecraft. The only thing I find superior to PC is the hability to record and have Team speak servers

Posted: Nov 9, 2013 at 11:27 Quote
I have to disagree on the pricing point, an xbox or PS3 will cost about the price of just the example graphics card. I'm thinking a rig with those specs will cost about 400 at the very least for something that will last? That's with being too lazy to check prices and rounding numbers down. PS4 will be £350

I switched to PC for the better quality gaming and because I need to do use it for editing etc, but it was a fair investment.

On the otherhand, people don't consider how much less expensive games are on steam than disc copies, you'll probably pay less than half on PC if you wait for a sale than if you were to go and buy everything on disc. And if you went with a 360 that's another chunk of cash every year for xbox live

Posted: Nov 9, 2013 at 11:31 Quote
If I could afford a pc, hell yeah I'd have one, but for now I just can't leaving alone that I don't know shit about pc's

Posted: Nov 9, 2013 at 16:13 Quote
Can we not make this thread a PC vs. console fanboy war? That'd be great.

Posted: Nov 9, 2013 at 16:52 Quote
There's been literally no fanboyism, but nice try

Posted: Nov 9, 2013 at 16:53 Quote
PoeticThreeD wrote:

Posted: Nov 9, 2013 at 17:20 Quote
PoeticThreeD wrote:
srs tho, PC MASTERRACE 2014

Razz both consoles and PC have their merits I just prefer my PC

Posted: Nov 9, 2013 at 17:38 Quote
we-are-138 wrote:
PoeticThreeD wrote:

Pretty much why I hate this type of debate, because it always descends to that ^^^ Although as said above, fairplay to everybody for not being like that. I'm a PS boy forever, just because I have an Apple for editing/creative purposes and don't have enough money for a half descent PC, and I've been with Playstation every since 2000

Posted: Nov 12, 2013 at 11:11 Quote
So, I might be changing platforms....
Motherboard b75m-d3h gigabyte
Intel core i5 3470 3.2ghz, 6mb
Ddr3 8 gb 1600mhz ki gston
128ssd ultraplus sandisk
500gb sata wd green
Nvidia gtx 660 2gb pci e
Atx cooler aster box
Powerp plant keepout 750W

AND othershtuff it all co es to expensive though, where could I cheap out? I wantto move bf4 at 60fps and high settings, not ultra, for now

Posted: Nov 12, 2013 at 11:20 Quote
jespinal wrote:
So, I might be changing platforms....
Motherboard b75m-d3h gigabyte
Intel core i5 3470 3.2ghz, 6mb
Ddr3 8 gb 1600mhz ki gston
128ssd ultraplus sandisk
500gb sata wd green
Nvidia gtx 660 2gb pci e
Atx cooler aster box
Powerp plant keepout 750W

AND othershtuff it all co es to expensive though, where could I cheap out? I wantto move bf4 at 60fps and high settings, not ultra, for now

You'll be fine there on Ultra.
Ultra works on the i5 at the 3.2
30fps should be your target to be smooth. Though 60fps is amazing.
Just pick up a small 500GB hard drive to run your game off of instead of using the same drive your OS is on. Give yourself plenty of PF, and VR this way. They are beyond super cheap, and don't require super high rpm's to function smooth.

Posted: Nov 12, 2013 at 11:24 Quote
Hes got an SSD to run the OS there gary.

Posted: Nov 12, 2013 at 13:52 Quote
So, no major place to cheap out? with taxes and everything that pc costs 900€ and that's spensive

Posted: Nov 12, 2013 at 16:29 Quote
jespinal wrote:
So, no major place to cheap out? with taxes and everything that pc costs 900€ and that's spensive

If you want to cheap out, go with an AMD CPU of the same or similar Specs over an Intel. I've got a Hexacore (6 Core) AMD CPU Phenom II 2.8Ghz in my machine and it cost me $120...and that was 3-4 years ago.

You should also be able to find the same Motherboard for the AMD CPUs.

Posted: Nov 12, 2013 at 22:16 Quote
jespinal wrote:

Are you buying online or from a store. Check bundle deals, look for a bundle deal with a 3470 most of the time they come with decent motherboards or a hard drive or some thing. You could save money and get a smaller SSD. Also AMD will be a bit cheaper if you want to go that way.

Posted: Nov 12, 2013 at 23:55 Quote
There really is no reason to go with amd currently. The price/performance is just not competitive.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009480
Mobile Version of Website