• Next Page
Posted: Oct 16, 2011 at 16:35 Quote
likeomg wrote:
JRoe wrote:
Orange five!

not in the same league...

and the ugliest bike ever made

Posted: Oct 16, 2011 at 18:10 Quote
Yeti, hand's down. The other comments about Yetis are spot-on. I'd urge you to take a look at the 575 as well. Also a very efficient bike; climbs extremely well, and goes down even better. I have a 2006 and a 2008 575. I've had a brief ride on an AS-R5. If you need more travel than a 575, there's also the AS-R7 with 7" of travel. The SB series is awesome, but the frame is a little heavier and more complex. It may well be worth the penalties though. I also did a brief ride on an SB66 but not enough to determine much except that it was impressive even in a parking lot.

Posted: Oct 17, 2011 at 18:10 Quote
I'd say go with the yeti, It climbs excellently even w/o propedal on, and almost all yeti bikes are slacker than similar bikes, giving it an edge on the downhill. I've tried out an sb-66 and there was no noticeable pedal bob even when standing.
Though If you want to be really badass, get a honzo and put a dropper post with the saved money. They are a lot of fun to ride and your legs will become massive due to the 1x9 and lack of rear suspension.

Posted: Oct 19, 2011 at 12:45 Quote
The best bike I've owned and ridden. You wouldn't regret it!!

photo

Posted: Oct 19, 2011 at 21:06 Quote
davedownhill wrote:

photo

so sick! bike envy for sure! what fork?

Posted: Oct 20, 2011 at 0:57 Quote
meattray wrote:
davedownhill wrote:

photo

so sick! bike envy for sure! what fork?

Fox 36 Talas 160 RLC, rides like a dream. Demo version I tried had the Float 150 which was no where near as good and didn't do the bike justice, well worth the extra money.

Posted: Oct 20, 2011 at 9:25 Quote
Very sick. Total build weight?

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2011 at 10:38 Quote
davedownhill wrote:

photo

Love...

Posted: Oct 20, 2011 at 12:10 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
Very sick. Total build weight?

No idea, just built it to be more focused on the down rather than the up. Saying that it pedals so well that the 40/28 cranks aren't large enough and I can pedal uphill in the 40 with no issues Bugs all my mates when we're out as they are mostly XC riders and I'm a downhill boy at heart, and I leave them behind on the trails!!

Posted: Sep 19, 2013 at 7:59 Quote
The yeti sb66A or C is the most unreliable bikes, every time you start enjoying yourself you have to replace the bearings or swing arm !! dont do it !!!!

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 at 13:31 Quote
pboaden wrote:
The yeti sb66A or C is the most unreliable bikes, every time you start enjoying yourself you have to replace the bearings or swing arm !! dont do it !!!!

Anyone else have these issues?

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 at 20:19 Quote
SB66 hands down

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019756
Mobile Version of Website