Cracked my 2012 operator frame!

PB Forum :: Kona
Cracked my 2012 operator frame!
Posted: Oct 2, 2011 at 17:15 Quote
why are any of you having this stituation????? Kona has not put out a good DH bike yet. in fact i dont know that iv ever seen a bike from them that i would actually spend more than a few hunded on. kona is the worst bike ever made. if you get your replacement, sell it and buy a real bike

Posted: Oct 2, 2011 at 17:34 Quote
kona hater ^
konas really aren´t bad at all. Some may break yes... but then a couple of intense 951´s have broken, so is Intense suddenly a bad manufacturer?
And I´ve heard that the operator frame is great performance wise, so yes they have put out a good dh bike Wink

Posted: Oct 2, 2011 at 18:56 Quote
DragontalesDH wrote:
why are any of you having this stituation????? Kona has not put out a good DH bike yet. in fact i dont know that iv ever seen a bike from them that i would actually spend more than a few hunded on. kona is the worst bike ever made. if you get your replacement, sell it and buy a real bike

My operator rode just fine thank you, I dont need some big name fanboy coming in here and telling me he thinks I should do. I will continue to ride my Kona and love it

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 at 18:13 Quote
Lol intense is far from the best. Iv personally broken kona stuff. If your still in love with kona its cause you have not riden a proper DH rig. Sure kona will get you down the hill but if you notice all their top level riders either suck or have left the company. You can call me a fanboy all day long but I ride a 2009 V10 it doesn't pedal very well but iv won several races on it and beat it down every rock garden I could find. Specialized and trek have the best bikes out there for reliability and function. You will believe me when you ride one. Case closed

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 at 18:16 Quote
DragontalesDH wrote:
Lol intense is far from the best. Iv personally broken kona stuff. If your still in love with kona its cause you have not riden a proper DH rig. Sure kona will get you down the hill but if you notice all their top level riders either suck or have left the company. You can call me a fanboy all day long but I ride a 2009 V10 it doesn't pedal very well but iv won several races on it and beat it down every rock garden I could find. Specialized and trek have the best bikes out there for reliability and function. You will believe me when you ride one. Case closed

Fanboy

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 at 18:48 Quote
DragontalesDH wrote:
Why even come into the kona forum if you have nothing but negative things to say. Im 21, in college, and cant afford to go out and buy the most expensive shit out there. And ive rode plenty of "proper" dh rigs, the most recent being the m9 i raced saturday and sunday, sure its nice but i didnt pay 8 grand for my kona

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 at 18:55 Quote
And by the way, Kona shipped out my replacement frame today

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2011 at 18:56 Quote
DragontalesDH wrote:
What does how many top riders the company sponsors have to do with their bikes? I've ridden a 2010 stinky and it wasnt a bad bike. No where near the best, but not terrible by any means. The operator seems to be a great riding bike and if Kona replaces the frame, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Also, I like the way you have to add in how youve "won several races" on your bike, when it is completely irrelevant.

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 at 19:22 Quote
komodo1 wrote:
What does how many top riders the company sponsors have to do with their bikes? I've ridden a 2010 stinky and it wasnt a bad bike. No where near the best, but not terrible by any means. The operator seems to be a great riding bike and if Kona replaces the frame, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Also, I like the way you have to add in how youve "won several races" on your bike, when it is completely irrelevant.

The Kona does ride great, and I bought it because it was 1000 less than a trek or a specialized and came with the same components. Its not like all of these bikes break, I had one of the few that will, and since I bought it new I get that nice warranty.

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2011 at 20:39 Quote
Kona puts out alot of bikes every year some of them are bound to break. There's about 1500 operators out there

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2011 at 22:02 Quote
How many operators are there patrolling whistler and being rented daily on that one mountain alone. I have yet to see one break.

Posted: Oct 5, 2011 at 0:47 Quote
finnbjorn96 wrote:
looks like they´re pretty weak in that spot (photo from mtbrider619)
just a shity kona broken

the bike in the picture belonged to a friend of mine. the reason it broke like that is because he hit a tree face first with it and it dented inward. After two weeks of riding it finally broke.

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2011 at 7:28 Quote
Damn, have about 4 weekends on my 2012 Operator DH, hope this doesn't happen! Although I just broke a PRO atherton direct mount yesterday.

How were you liking the ride? I am loving the geo this year, so poppy on the tight techy stuff, the back end is crazy supple! I ride with two buddies on fully done up V10s and have no problem keeping up with them.

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2011 at 7:37 Quote
Also do you notice how easy the frame scratches with that new shot peened finish?! Unreal delicate.

Posted: Oct 10, 2011 at 7:46 Quote
The bike rides nice, I ride it at highland mtb park and it eats up everything from rough dh runs to the jumpy flowy trails. And yes the paint scratches very easy, my top tube was a wreck from my knee pads.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019431
Mobile Version of Website