Cracked my 2012 operator frame!

PB Forum :: Kona
Cracked my 2012 operator frame!
Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 14:24 Quote
photo

Well, my bike is complete again. They sent me a supreme frame, and let me downsize to a medium
The stinky is a loaner bike from my buddy so I could keep riding while I waited for my frame

Posted: Oct 29, 2011 at 22:01 Quote
jtm12090 wrote:
photo

Well, my bike is complete again. They sent me a supreme frame, and let me downsize to a medium
The stinky is a loaner bike from my buddy so I could keep riding while I waited for my frame
Aside from the frame cracking (lol) is it nice to ride? Or are you going to go for something else.

Posted: Oct 29, 2011 at 22:10 Quote
Thank god for warranty , willl consider a steel frame in a near future , never heard any of them craking up i own one of the original balfa chromo frame and its still ride as nice as it did 12 years ago

Posted: Oct 29, 2011 at 22:13 Quote
EvilImp wrote:
Aside from the frame cracking (lol) is it nice to ride? Or are you going to go for something else.

Ya I like it, but the only reason I bought it was because I wanted a new bike with a warranty, and the kona was my cheapest option with the best components. I cant really afford to go to a different bike.

Posted: Oct 30, 2011 at 22:08 Quote
jtm12090 wrote:
EvilImp wrote:

Ya I like it, but the only reason I bought it was because I wanted a new bike with a warranty, and the kona was my cheapest option with the best components. I cant really afford to go to a different bike.
Yeah that's my situation too. I'm still probably going to get one, and just have a constantly broken to new frame Big Grin ?

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 5:31 Quote
How much does your operator weigh???

Looking at getting a new DH bike and am thinking about a kona..... even with yours breaking lol

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 7:39 Quote
maggsy wrote:
How much does your operator weigh???

Looking at getting a new DH bike and am thinking about a kona..... even with yours breaking lol
The 2011 ones are 38lbs and the 2012 is about 40lbs

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 7:57 Quote
My 2011 with marazochie ti 888 Easton wheels and saint breaks and cranks size large is 41

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 9:49 Quote
37lbs 6oz

2012 Frame (Size Large)
DHX RC4 w/ steel spring
Boxxer World Cup
Shimano Saint Brakes
Shimano Saint Cranks
Shimano Saint 36T Chainring
E13 LGI Chainguide
Race Face Atlas Bars (Uncut)
Race Face Atlas SL Stem
Easton Havoc Seatpost
WTB Silverado Saddle
Mavic 729 Rims w/ Saint Hubs
Kona Wah Wah Pedals
Shimano Cassette 11-28
Maxxis Minion DHF 3C (Front)
Maxxis High Roller (Rear)
2012 Kona Operator

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 12:12 Quote
Cheers guys. I'm after a DH/freeride bike that I can race.... The operator seems to tick all the boxes!

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 13:26 Quote
maggsy wrote:
Cheers guys. I'm after a DH/freeride bike that I can race.... The operator seems to tick all the boxes!
If your spending 2000 on a bike,get a second hand one for that much with a much better spec.!! Unless you want something new

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 14:46 Quote
Downhill340 wrote:
maggsy wrote:
If your spending 2000 on a bike,get a second hand one for that much with a much better spec.!! Unless you want something new
Konas arent the only bikes that break, theres nothing like the assurance of a warranty.

Posted: Nov 10, 2011 at 0:15 Quote
jtm12090 wrote:
Downhill340 wrote:
maggsy wrote:
Konas arent the only bikes that break, theres nothing like the assurance of a warranty.
Yeh I know what you mean.....But could be worth a look.!
Maybe try and get a frame you know is strong but with a better spec but I suppose you would feel safer with warranty

Posted: Nov 10, 2011 at 4:09 Quote
I want to buy new, get a warranty and you know that everything works 100% with no issues. I have started another post looking for ideas so don't want to hi-jack this one. From what I can gather the konas are great bikes with a good spec. Yes a frames snapped but I'm sure every other manufacture has had frames, forks, bars break. At least you get s lifetime warranty, plus I've not been ridding long so won't be pushing it fully for another few months at least. Any other reviews or info appreciated. Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.030664
Mobile Version of Website