Height limit for bmx

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Height limit for bmx
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 20, 2011 at 2:55 Quote
6"3 here and i ride with small bars ! (kinda uncomfy tho)

Posted: Oct 20, 2011 at 16:09 Quote
height limit?

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.elevenwarriors.com/sites/default/files/images/11w/2011/04/yao-meme.png

Posted: Oct 23, 2011 at 2:46 Quote
jamie12345 wrote:
21.625+9x30 bars.
What bars? i want some taller ones but i dont wanna get the s&m perfect 10 they just too big

Posted: Oct 23, 2011 at 3:17 Quote
Help! im 6"2 nearly 6"3 and i ride a 20" toptube and i feel fine on it but my legs are really close to the bars, at christmas i want a new bike but i dont know whether to get a 21"25 or 20"75 toptube, will i feel a big difference?

Posted: Oct 23, 2011 at 5:33 Quote
Joshuaa1 wrote:
Help! im 6"2 nearly 6"3 and i ride a 20" toptube and i feel fine on it but my legs are really close to the bars, at christmas i want a new bike but i dont know whether to get a 21"25 or 20"75 toptube, will i feel a big difference?

its up 2 u but i am 6''5 and i was riding a 20.75 it felt ok but they i tried a 21.25 and it felt so much better. if i were i would get the longer tt. but best thing to do is try other peoples bike and see what size u like best.

Posted: Oct 23, 2011 at 6:36 Quote
BlondeViking wrote:
jamie12345 wrote:
21.625+9x30 bars.
What bars? i want some taller ones but i dont wanna get the s&m perfect 10 they just too big
Shadow Vultrus 9x30. Amazing bars, so so so light.

Posted: Oct 23, 2011 at 12:24 Quote
jamie12345 wrote:
BlondeViking wrote:
jamie12345 wrote:
21.625+9x30 bars.

I have the same Shadow bars, they are awesome

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2011 at 14:29 Quote
Cool thread.
I'm 6'4", and I've ridden street MTB for years, just so I could get a long enough TT.
I recently bought a Macneil Calico (21.5" TT) and I love it. I had a deuce deuce before this, but it was just too much of a tank to move around. Crazy short rear end and room for big assed tires is real nice.

I hadn't heard of the Stereo Eagle though... looks sick! Thanks for the info!

edit: Hoder bars too. So good.

Posted: Oct 23, 2011 at 17:44 Quote
Ben-S wrote:
jamie12345 wrote:
BlondeViking wrote:

NOOOOOOOPE they snap like mad.

vultus snap second pair.

that was my second time snapping those bars

Posted: Oct 23, 2011 at 19:33 Quote
ianfleming wrote:
Ben-S wrote:
jamie12345 wrote:

NOOOOOOOPE they snap like mad.

vultus snap second pair.

that was my second time snapping those bars

really? let down. what bars do you run now? or similar size bars you could recommend? im looking at sunday tall or fly montana

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 5:54 Quote
most bars are generally the same but try and stay away from light bars, or bars that have thinner tubing where you "don't need it" to save weight, like the shadow bars. i'm running subrosa pandora bars now, they seem fine.

the thing about bars is you need to let bars be what bars want to be, bars. when companys try and do weird things with the tubing it can be sketchy (there are obviously exceptions).

Fly stuff is known to be light and break but if you're a smooth rider i wouldn't worry about it. sunday is just an awesome company with awesome parts and you can't really go wrong, i just don't like the way their stuff looks.

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 15:48 Quote
ianfleming wrote:
most bars are generally the same but try and stay away from light bars, or bars that have thinner tubing where you "don't need it" to save weight, like the shadow bars. i'm running subrosa pandora bars now, they seem fine.

the thing about bars is you need to let bars be what bars want to be, bars. when companys try and do weird things with the tubing it can be sketchy (there are obviously exceptions).

Fly stuff is known to be light and break but if you're a smooth rider i wouldn't worry about it. sunday is just an awesome company with awesome parts and you can't really go wrong, i just don't like the way their stuff looks.

How light is too light would you say? like is 1.5lbs + okay?

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 17:52 Quote
it's not exactly a matter of what's light, those shadow bars are thinned out in certain areas on the insides to save weight, if a bar description sounds weird i would stay away from it. you can have strong, light bars, but shadows are notorious for snapping

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 18:07 Quote
despite our arguements in other forums, you are correct. i also run subrosa pandoras (and alot of people i know run them too), and they're great. s&m bars are awesome possum too

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 18:41 Quote
the subrosa bars look bad ass too, they have a really wide base to them, giving them a really square box. i don't know how/if it affects strength but it makes me feel like i'm riding a wolf.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.040857
Mobile Version of Website