Logan Utah riders

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
Logan Utah riders
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 15, 2013 at 10:48 Quote
Jeromev wrote:
Anyone going or have been to Rampage? I have tickets, but it's pretty hard to find info on the event. The little bit of info I have found says that you have to hike or ride into the event, about 6 miles. Does this sound right? Do people camp out at the event site? Are their concessions, particularly beer?

P.S. if anyone is looking to carpool down let me know. I may have an extra ticket as well.

Yeah it's shorter than that and it's basically flat with a slight pitch to it so riding from the event is so easy while biking out to it is slightly less easy, haha. Def. mtb out to the event but the only problem is that when leaving, there are maybe 300-500 other people waiting to get their bikes and that can take a while (all bikes are designated to one area where they "valet" your bike).

Bring a camping chair, unless you want to run around and try to catch every run, which you should do being your first year down, and plenty of water/beer because you're out in the desert for a long-ass time, especially if there's a weather hold. Friday quali, fun to check out, Sat. practice so you can either explore Zion or ride at the old Rampage site because they don't allow spectators at the venue that day.

You can buy some small foods there from a local shop but it is the middle of the desert so I'd highly suggest to plan on packing out enough that you're completely self-sufficient. The food is pricey as well.

Posted: Sep 15, 2013 at 11:33 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
Do you guys still go to usu? I need a dh buddy!
Yup, just started this semester. Let's ride.

Posted: Sep 15, 2013 at 11:36 Quote
scott-townes wrote:
Jeromev wrote:
Anyone going or have been to Rampage? I have tickets, but it's pretty hard to find info on the event. The little bit of info I have found says that you have to hike or ride into the event, about 6 miles. Does this sound right? Do people camp out at the event site? Are their concessions, particularly beer?

P.S. if anyone is looking to carpool down let me know. I may have an extra ticket as well.

Yeah it's shorter than that and it's basically flat with a slight pitch to it so riding from the event is so easy while biking out to it is slightly less easy, haha. Def. mtb out to the event but the only problem is that when leaving, there are maybe 300-500 other people waiting to get their bikes and that can take a while (all bikes are designated to one area where they "valet" your bike).

Bring a camping chair, unless you want to run around and try to catch every run, which you should do being your first year down, and plenty of water/beer because you're out in the desert for a long-ass time, especially if there's a weather hold. Friday quali, fun to check out, Sat. practice so you can either explore Zion or ride at the old Rampage site because they don't allow spectators at the venue that day.

You can buy some small foods there from a local shop but it is the middle of the desert so I'd highly suggest to plan on packing out enough that you're completely self-sufficient. The food is pricey as well.

Thanks Scott. That's pretty much what I was expecting based on what I've found elsewhere on the interwebs. I'll be driving down Friday after class and I'm thinking about camping out either on Gooseberry Mesa or Thunder Mountain to get a ride in on Saturday and then head down to Rampage Saturday afternoon. Can you camp at Rampage Saturday night or where do most people camp? Where will the competitors be Saturday night?

Posted: Sep 15, 2013 at 11:46 Quote
Jeromev wrote:
scott-townes wrote:
Jeromev wrote:

Thanks Scott. That's pretty much what I was expecting based on what I've found elsewhere on the interwebs. I'll be driving down Friday after class and I'm thinking about camping out either on Gooseberry Mesa or Thunder Mountain to get a ride in on Saturday and then head down to Rampage Saturday afternoon. Can you camp at Rampage Saturday night or where do most people camp? Where will the competitors be Saturday night?

No problem. You can camp right at the parking lot where everyone parks at then rides in. Plenty of grassy space but if not, take the road that heads out to the old Rampage site and keep on driving along until you find an impromptu camp spot. Camping is not an issue around there.

Posted: Sep 16, 2013 at 10:58 Quote
Jeromev wrote:
dher0521 wrote:
do you know any spots? I have only ridden some xc out here!

Posted: Sep 16, 2013 at 21:08 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
Jeromev wrote:
dher0521 wrote:

I've ridden:
Jardine Juniper
Spring Hollow
Tony Grove Lake to White Pine Lake to the Bunchgrass Trail, this is a shuttle ride with near 3,000' of descent.
Green Canyon
Providence Canyon

There are many more in the immediate area. All rides require climbing, after all we live in the mountains, but all that I've ridden have fun fast descents.

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/idx-logan.htm
http://utahmtbrs.com/index.php/trails/trail-tutorial/cache-valley

Posted: Sep 17, 2013 at 16:19 Quote
Jeromev wrote:
dher0521 wrote:
Jeromev wrote:

I've ridden:
Jardine Juniper
Spring Hollow
Tony Grove Lake to White Pine Lake to the Bunchgrass Trail, this is a shuttle ride with near 3,000' of descent.
Green Canyon
Providence Canyon

There are many more in the immediate area. All rides require climbing, after all we live in the mountains, but all that I've ridden have fun fast descents.

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/idx-logan.htm
http://utahmtbrs.com/index.php/trails/trail-tutorial/cache-valley
Lets ride soon! I want to find some technical trails.

Posted: Oct 6, 2013 at 23:23 Quote
People still looking to ride?

Posted: Apr 7, 2014 at 18:38 Quote
I use to go ride with a few people on here. I need to get back on my bike its been a minute.

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 at 9:15 Quote
SHEESHKAH wrote:
People still looking to ride?

NO I DON'T WANNA!

Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 16:05 Quote
Anyone ride the foothills above the U? I have found some fun trails but you have to hike everything.

Posted: May 22, 2014 at 13:49 Quote
Long shot but is anyone going down to Sundance this coming weekend for the race? I'm in a tight spot and can only get as close as Provo with public transportation (from SLC). I really don't want to hitch hike the road up or spend $180 for a two day rental car.

I'm a 23 year old U of U student. You can throw me in the trunk and just drop me off and not talk if that's your style. I really don't care just need a way up at this point.

Shoot me a message if anyone can help me out, I will pitch for gas and definitely throw some good beer your way.

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 11:46 Quote
I know this forum has not been used in a VERY long time, but Im hoping some people will see this.
I just moved to Logan for school/summer, I have been finding all the trails fairly well. All of these big backcountry rides are sick and all with the mega descents but I am craving big jump lines. I know of Bridger bike park, Ogden, and that stuff, but are there any um, rider built, jumps/jump lines up here.
Also would love people to ride with.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015356
Mobile Version of Website