Best Bike Shop - Kitchener/Waterloo Area

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Best Bike Shop - Kitchener/Waterloo Area
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 4, 2011 at 20:54 Quote
Hey guys,

So I'm hoping to get into freeride, and I'm hoping to get into it before it starts snowing.

I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a good bike retailer locally. I live in Kitchener/Waterloo, but go to school in Hamilton so any shop in this general area would be great.

I'm looking for a $1500-2000 bike and I like in order: Santa Cruz, Felt, Norco and Giant. Pivot and Niner are probably a little too pricey for this range but I like them too. So it would be a huge plus if the shop carried any of these lines.

Thanks for the help.

O+
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 at 7:02 Quote
Hey I can tell you which bike shop not to use. This is my personal opinion. East side Cycle. Was not happy with the quality of work on my bikes. Spent a lot of money and had to redo most of the service myself. But I have been considering selling my bike if your interested. It is not any of the ones you mentioned, it's a Kona Stab Primo. An exellent bike if your new to DH stuff. Ride it and learn on it. Sell it when your done with it and upgrade. Send me a message if your interested.

Posted: Oct 9, 2011 at 7:00 Quote
bags1 wrote:
Hey I can tell you which bike shop not to use. This is my personal opinion. East side Cycle. Was not happy with the quality of work on my bikes. Spent a lot of money and had to redo most of the service myself. But I have been considering selling my bike if your interested. It is not any of the ones you mentioned, it's a Kona Stab Primo. An exellent bike if your new to DH stuff. Ride it and learn on it. Sell it when your done with it and upgrade. Send me a message if your interested.

That sucks, because I was going to suggest East Side. They are pretty much the only shop that actually has decent stuff in stock. Everyone else has to whip out a catalog and show you pretty pictures.

Posted: Oct 13, 2011 at 14:35 Quote
I've dealt with Grand River Cycle in Cambridge and was very impressed with the service.

Posted: Nov 14, 2011 at 13:49 Quote
Bicycle Works on Dundas St. in Waterdown is a great shop that offers Specialized and Kona.It's part of Greater Hamilton now. Reliable, knowledgeable staff that run trail rides on Wednesdays (in season) through some sick singletrack along the escarpment. Talk to Paul the owner, Jim the bike tech, or Nick (he rode O-Cup downhill last season), They know their shit.

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 16:47 Quote
Eastside is the only shop in town for proper selection and fitting of bikes. By far the best selection of parts and hands down the best mechanics. They are the only shop in town with a DH race team and the best qualified and trained to service all brands of suspension and bikes. There is a good reason all other shops in town have been scaling back their selection of serious DH and DJ bikes for the last five years while Eastside has been expanding theirs.

These other two guys DO NOT know what they are talking about (look at their PB accounts) Not to mention bags there made a fake account in order to slander them...real trustworthy. But dont take my opinion, go in and talk to Eric or Kevin and see for yourself.

Posted: Nov 18, 2011 at 11:39 Quote
rnov8tr wrote:
Eastside is the only shop in town for proper selection and fitting of bikes. By far the best selection of parts and hands down the best mechanics. They are the only shop in town with a DH race team and the best qualified and trained to service all brands of suspension and bikes. There is a good reason all other shops in town have been scaling back their selection of serious DH and DJ bikes for the last five years while Eastside has been expanding theirs.

These other two guys DO NOT know what they are talking about (look at their PB accounts) Not to mention bags there made a fake account in order to slander them...real trustworthy. But dont take my opinion, go in and talk to Eric or Kevin and see for yourself.

I'm gonna have to agree with yah...been going in there since....'98 or '99. Longer than some on here have been alive. lol. tup

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2011 at 6:40 Quote
Well I can tell you that while you where still playing in the sand box with your toy bikes I was out riding real bikes. I my friend have been riding both motorized and pedal powered bikes for 35 plus years. How old are you? Anyway, not to get into an internet argument I did say that was just my opinion on the bike shop. I can also say that I know that the repairs where not done up to speck. This is my personal experiance, not hear say. As far as a false account goes just to slander someone. You could not be more wrong. If you wish to contact me I think you can do it on here. PM me send me a message, do whatever you like but remember. In my opinion Eastside is the worst shop I have ever delt with period. Bar none!!! Now enough of this bullshit. I'm going out to ride my bike, not just talk and surf the internet and pretend to know what I'm talking about.

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 at 18:59 Quote
Westside vs. Eastside...

Good grief...Facepalm

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2011 at 19:14 Quote
If you're looking for freeride then Eastside is pretty good. great part selection.

Best service goes hands down to King Steet Cycles though, and theyd be more than willing to order. If you were looking for a FS Freeride bike then Norco would be a great bet for your price range and KSC would likely be more than happy to order if what youre after is available. Theyve always accommodated me well.

Ski and Cycle hut also deals in Norco..

Posted: Nov 29, 2011 at 11:39 Quote
Got a spoke repair, wheel true and rear disk straightening. Came to less than $30 and was done in a couple of hours from bringing it in. No complaints.

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2011 at 12:53 Quote
Good for you. I never meant that they where a bad shop. Just that my experiance with them was bad, to many things went wrong for me from there. They do have a good selection of parts and accessories but you will still not find me spending my money there.

Posted: Nov 29, 2011 at 14:01 Quote
bags1 wrote:
Good for you. I never meant that they where a bad shop. Just that my experiance with them was bad, to many things went wrong for me from there. They do have a good selection of parts and accessories but you will still not find me spending my money there.

Who do you recommend?

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 at 8:26 Quote
Thats a hard one. I have been doing most of my own maintence for the last year and a bit. But the last time which was earlier this year that I had my suspension serviced it was done in Vancouver at Marzocchi Canada by a fella named Alex. Was very happy with how it all turned out, price was right and even with shipping I had my fork back in 10 days. As far as shops go Kamikaze is pretty good, Cycle Solutions is also good. I think it all depends on what your looking for.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013947
Mobile Version of Website