Advanced Photo Crit *Please read first post.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Advanced Photo Crit *Please read first post.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 17, 2011 at 17:35 Quote
This thread is here solely for those looking to push their skills and want genuine critique on how to improve their photos.

If you don't have thick skin and are unable to separate your self from your work, please don't bother posting.

Criteria
-One photo max
-No posting new content with out previous photo receiving crit as well.
-This is not a gear advice thread.
-Serious Crit only, please no "Pretty picture, might look nicer with a selective desaturation." Be through, Learning how to properly critique is an important skill to have.
-If you don't know PLEASE do not run your mouth.
-Please self crit while posting image, why you like or dislike the image, your reason for posting, How you feel it hit the mark or fell through.
-Thread is not limited to only bike related photos.

Thank you

*if you're looking for comments to boost your ego, show your family.
#USERS all #USERS
#BANS StuHaight #BANS

Posted: Oct 17, 2011 at 17:37 Quote
Done, I like it.

Can we make it into an actual group? With only those that apply?

Posted: Oct 17, 2011 at 17:39 Quote
bonfire wrote:
Done, I like it.

Can we make it into an actual group? With only those that apply?

I think everyone deserves a fair shot, it is easy enough to ban users who are deemed incapable of contributing effectively.

I'll toss something up quickly to get it going.

Rip it apart.
Photo was in all honesty a little snap shotish, after the set up for the section we where shooting didn't look great and the hike wasn't worth it, so saw the puddle said what the hell. Had two takes at it, decided this looked kinda cool, Albeit cliche. But it was different to how I typically shoot, hence why I decided to show.

Sam Splashing some mud

* re-edit
Puddle Slash on Mt. Prevost

With the crit given, I gave it a tweak while still keeping my own opinion.

Posted: Oct 17, 2011 at 18:30 Quote
Highlight bottom right is distracting for me.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2011 at 18:33 Quote
seems like a bit to much dead space for my liking. the right side isnt adding much to the photo. may have gone a tad to far with the desaturation, i thought it was selective desat at first

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2011 at 19:13 Quote
lol I like the ban list

Posted: Oct 18, 2011 at 2:31 Quote
not enough destinction to set the rider out from the puddle so it looks very flat and 2d a snoot on a flash to rim light the back wheel only would have seperated it and thus added to the shot

Posted: Oct 18, 2011 at 4:15 Quote
This is my kinda party, Should have some film dev'd soon as I still haven't found a replacement dig for the right price. I see a D2h for 125 with the err C2 that I'll pick up so I'll sub for now.

Posted: Oct 18, 2011 at 8:55 Quote
The purpose of this shot was to "advertise" for superdry for my art, and i need to submit my photo + developments etc to the exam board, but can i get some crit on the photo so i can use that in my evaluation?
photo

Posted: Oct 18, 2011 at 8:57 Quote
The blow sky combined with the cloud in the upper right really bothers me. I would remove that cloud all together.

Posted: Oct 18, 2011 at 9:00 Quote
snaple wrote:
The purpose of this shot was to "advertise" for superdry for my art, and i need to submit my photo + developments etc to the exam board, but can i get some crit on the photo so i can use that in my evaluation?
photo
Square in the corner of sky is very distracting, you can patch it so it all blown out. nothing about the subject holds my attention.

Thanks for the crit boys!

Posted: Oct 18, 2011 at 9:02 Quote
What else do you think i would have to incorporate into the shot for it to appeal to you?

Posted: Oct 18, 2011 at 9:12 Quote
@Jon - Just an idea, I think users should have to give a crit of the stuff they post too (WnW style), just like a brief list of what they like/dislike about their own shot, as I think that would be beneficial and would also make people think before they post.

Posted: Oct 18, 2011 at 9:15 Quote
Well, what is the point of this photo?

It is to advertise the brand super-dry, is there more than one image? What is the 'theme' of the campaign?

I would like to see the model to be more crisp.

Is it to be a billboard ad? Print ad? Will there be text?

If there is going to be text on the left side, then I like how the right is exposed.

If no text, I would like to see better exposure, more detail in the face, with some lighting. Something as simple as a reflector camera right to highlight his face better.

Posted: Oct 18, 2011 at 9:40 Quote
dingus wrote:
@Jon - Just an idea, I think users should have to give a crit of the stuff they post too (WnW style), just like a brief list of what they like/dislike about their own shot, as I think that would be beneficial and would also make people think before they post.

I like this.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012315
Mobile Version of Website