NWD8 wrong message

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
NWD8 wrong message
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 12:46 Quote
I just watched a lot of NWD8, and i got the impression that it is so destructive. e.g. Ben Boyko blowing up the rock behind him....why?
I didnt like the whole Smack Down element either, the music was all out through the whole movie except Gracia and Barel.
Anyway, some really amazing riding, but if i was a non mountain bker and i saw this movie it would turn me off the sport!

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 12:49 Quote
i really agree, i watched some of the clips for it on here and on google vids, the riding looks sweet, BUT i cannot stand the smackdown theme to it...WHY its mountainbiking... not f*ckn wreslting! remove the smackdown and it would deffiently buy it

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 12:53 Quote
i also hate the "smackdown theme",it pisses me off when people copy-off other stuff...Madder

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 12:55 Quote
Okay I agree if you don't like the wrestling theme, but what the hell does blowing up a rock have to do with anything ? Who cares ? It's a rock..It's not hurting the enviroment, you'd do more damage by nailed north shore into trees.. it was probably a construction site and they asked to film that because it's badass. ( some how I doubt cause when they're doing blasting they lock those places down like Chernobyl )

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 12:56 Quote
ok i will agree wit u about gracia's music but barels was tight i though.. it fit his riding great too... but yea... why make a mountain bike movie a wrestling movie... keep it simple... like disorder 4 and so on... i love roam and how they give u a brief history on where the riding is taking place...

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 12:57 Quote
mellis-uk wrote:
Okay I agree if you don't like the wrestling theme, but what the hell does blowing up a rock have to do with anything ? Who cares ? It's a rock..It's not hurting the enviroment, you'd do more damage by nailed north shore into trees.. it was probably a construction site and they asked to film that because it's badass. ( some how I doubt cause when they're doing blasting they lock those places down like Chernobyl )
yea that rock thing goes with boyko's theme... boyko is the hardest working man in freeride... so the exploding rock is tight

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 12:57 Quote
I saw all of NWD7 on google, the full movie, and it was more laid back, more like real riding. I loves the beginning with the capture of Mccaul, but instead of the we haaaavvvveeeee SMMMMAACCCCKKK DDDDDOOOOOWWWNNNNNNN.... Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

Yes it does deserve that many rolls!

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 12:59 Quote
ya that seen with Ben boyko im pretty sure they just filmed him infront of some blasting for a road or mine. THe new world disorder crew definitly did not do that themselves, it was probably just something kool they found to film

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 12:59 Quote
adrenalinejunkie11 wrote:
I saw all of NWD7 on google, the full movie, and it was more laid back, more like real riding. I loves the beginning with the capture of Mccaul, but instead of the we haaaavvvveeeee SMMMMAACCCCKKK DDDDDOOOOOWWWNNNNNNN.... Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

Yes it does deserve that many rolls!

lol Big Grin

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 13:00 Quote
mellis-uk wrote:

Blowing up a rock is environmental degradation. It leads to soil erosion as well as gases from the initial explosion itself are released into the air and pollute it. It definitely has an environmental impact. It may not be as damaging as driving a car but if everyone were to blow up a rock, this could have severe implications on the environment. As for the wrestling theme, it was kind of annoying and took away from the movie. You would get all excited from the riding footage and once a rider's segment was done, it would go back to the wrestling theme to introduce the new rider. I rather have a jam packed hour long movie with slid riding than a movie that is an hour and a half because of all the anticipation associated with the "introduction" of the rider in the wrestling match.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 13:00 Quote
i didn't like the smack down but wouldn't have minded it if the intro wasn't an entire 10 minutes of the movie, that was a little annoying. the rock exploding was cool and once again, bear-claw ghost rides his bike off of something

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 13:03 Quote
4xer wrote:
mellis-uk wrote:

Blowing up a rock is environmental degradation. It leads to soil erosion as well as gases from the initial explosion itself are released into the air and pollute it. It definitely has an environmental impact. It may not be as damaging as driving a car but if everyone were to blow up a rock, this could have severe implications on the environment. As for the wrestling theme, it was kind of annoying and took away from the movie. You would get all excited from the riding footage and once a rider's segment was done, it would go back to the wrestling theme to introduce the new rider. I rather have a jam packed hour long movie with slid riding than a movie that is an hour and a half because of all the anticipation associated with the "introduction" of the rider in the wrestling match.

ok they definitly did not blow that up themselves, they were probably at a mine filming the 360 drop, and they happend to see the mining crew blasting. And ya the movie was good with the exception of Claws part, and the smackdown theme was a little stupid, but its nice to have some humour

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 13:06 Quote
yea, you need a blasting permit and i highly doubt one would be granted for a mountain bike movie for a 3 second shot. that was most definitely a mine already being blasted

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 13:08 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
yea, you need a blasting permit and i highly doubt one would be granted for a mountain bike movie for a 3 second shot. that was most definitely a mine already being blasted

The point I was trying to make is that blasting has a negative impact on the environment. It does not matter who does it or pushes the button but rather that there are externalities associated with blasting other than the one person who said it's a rock, it does not affect the environment.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 13:09 Quote
4xer wrote:
mellis-uk wrote:

Touché, but like fallen said, I doubt they did it themselves just for the movie.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009164
Mobile Version of Website