Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: May 29, 2015 at 14:34 Quote
Fox Float X CTD

My local bike shop has a brand new rear Fox Float X, at a really really high price... so i wouldnt mind looking for it if i were you guys.

My question is has anyone written down or documented a process for fitting this shock to a trek slash? Ive searched the forums and it appears one user has done this and I sent him a PM asking how he has done such a beautiful thing, I have yet to get a reply. Has anyone else done this? I just spent a week in Vancouver and it appears I have found all the weak links in my trusty stallion! My rear shock has developed a build up or oil on the stanchion on each ride so I want this to be the first upgrade.

Thanks,
Jacob

Posted: May 29, 2015 at 22:17 Quote
JacobSpera wrote:
Fox Float X CTD

My local bike shop has a brand new rear Fox Float X, at a really really high price... so i wouldnt mind looking for it if i were you guys.

My question is has anyone written down or documented a process for fitting this shock to a trek slash? Ive searched the forums and it appears one user has done this and I sent him a PM asking how he has done such a beautiful thing, I have yet to get a reply. Has anyone else done this? I just spent a week in Vancouver and it appears I have found all the weak links in my trusty stallion! My rear shock has developed a build up or oil on the stanchion on each ride so I want this to be the first upgrade.

Thanks,
Jacob

I think this link should help you:
http://forums.mtbr.com/trek/trek-slash-723974-15.html

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 5:57 Quote
At a point on the trail I felt inspired to take this photo. I love this bike.

Weeks after that photo was taken and many new trails enjoyed the evolution of this bike continues.

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 8:03 Quote
Z3dsp33d wrote:
At a point on the trail I felt inspired to take this photo. I love this bike.

Weeks after that photo was taken and many new trails enjoyed the evolution of this bike continues.

Wow, I like that update way more than I expected. How time consuming was that?

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 11:43 Quote
Just enough time spent on it. Big Grin

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 14:49 Quote
You should align those crossmax graphics properly tup

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 14:52 Quote
suba wrote:
You should align those crossmax graphics properly tup

New tires soon.

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 14:53 Quote
Z3dsp33d wrote:
you mind explaining how you rawed it? i really love the look of it

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 16:14 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
Z3dsp33d wrote:
you mind explaining how you rawed it? i really love the look of it

The items I used were professional liquid paint stripper, pressure washer, steel wool, bike stand, metal polish and shop towels. Also hand tools used to completely build bicycles.

I started with disassembling the whole bike to the frame only. Then I disassembled the from parts. I started to coat the painted frame with the paint stripper. After letting the paint stripper do its caustic job I would wash away the removed paint with the pressure washer. I repeated that step about 7 times. Then I used steal wool to bring it to my desired finish. After that I used metal polish as a sealant.

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 16:26 Quote
Cool! I might do that to my remedy! What paint stripped and clear coat did you use

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 16:49 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
Cool! I might do that to my remedy! What paint stripped and clear coat did you use
I want to as well. I can't stand the look of my paint.

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 16:54 Quote
Giladgu wrote:

Goof Off Pro Stripper, No clear coat.

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 17:23 Quote
ethan991 wrote:
Giladgu wrote:
i actually think your paint looks cool

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 17:26 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
ethan991 wrote:
Giladgu wrote:
i actually think your paint looks cool
Maybe I'll keep it. Just not sure how keen I am on the green.

Posted: May 31, 2015 at 10:51 Quote
ShailyCR wrote:
Srnunez wrote:
I went down the inca avalanche Trail and others in Peru with a remedy but a 160 fork xfusion sweep. It was OK. But I changed to a slash 8 basically cause the remedy was one size smaller to me. But it's a great trail bike, how I'm a mortal I prefer more safer on the downhill part but also the slash ask for more air.

I have a 30-11/42 transmission. Just enough to get in time for the specials in a enduro race.

https://flic.kr/p/q3taZM

Most trails in Israel (and most "big" trails) aren't that demanding so maybe the slash will be overkill and a burden on the climbs

The true question is really if the remedy can keep it together on the rough stuff and is the slash a burden on the climbs?

I've ridden this year's Remedy 7 a bit, I had a Slash 8 last year and am on a Slash 9.8 now. Honestly, I don't think the Slash holds you back on climbs. I'll grant that I value downhill performance the most as we have some wicked steep, gnarly descents here but I find the Slash climbs really well, especially in "trail" or "climb" (on the DRCV or the Monarch)

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015783
Mobile Version of Website