Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 0:32 Quote
Need some advice.

Got a 2017 Remedy 9.8. Upgraded to a 170mm Lyrik RCT3, 150mm KS dropper, and Hope Enduro Wheelset.

Can't decide on next upgrade. Either going to get a metric X2 when Mojo get stock, or go for a set of the new Bontrager Line Pro 30's. What do you all reckon will make the bigger difference? Don't ride masses of trail centre, usually shorter local stuff, more biased to the descents.

IMG_1467.jpeg

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 4:08 Quote
I would probably go for the shock

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 9:30 Quote
Shock.

Wish i hadn't botheted swapping the wheels on mine. Bit of a waste of cash

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 1:43 Quote

Hello. My Trek Remedy 9 custom in'it? 180-150mm Dual Position Air vs 140mm Monarch Debonair, tubeless 2.5 minion dhf and reverb, and all that yo.

Posted: Jun 18, 2017 at 23:15 Quote
Hi all

I am going to order a Slash 9.8!!!Big Grin I am 5'9" , 1.75m it looks like I am between a 17.5 and a 19.5. What size would you recommend?

Cheers

J

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 0:09 Quote
riftzonexc8 wrote:

Thanks cant wait to get my leg over this beast!!!

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 16:32 Quote
mtbernz wrote:
Hi all

I am going to order a Slash 9.8!!!Big Grin I am 5'9" , 1.75m it looks like I am between a 17.5 and a 19.5. What size would you recommend?

Cheers

J

I am 175cm as well and I definitely would go for the 17.5". 19.5" felt to big while riding. 18.5" would be ideal like on the "old" slash, but unfortunately trek rather decided to make a stupid 15.5" frame...

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 20:57 Quote
http://https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/14852193/i have a 2014 slash with a pike fork and new wheel sets. worth upgrading to a nomad or bronson?

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 4:26 Quote
Animal-Mother wrote:
Ive got a 2015 Remedy 9.8.

Unfortunately themain aluminum pivot sleeve (pivot that the chain stay mounts to the front triangle) just above the bottom bracket has come loose in the frame (rotates 360 degrees in the carbon frame). Looking at the pivot sleeve, there are flanges on each side that keep it from sliding side to side and it looks like a 2 piece design.

I am thinking if I can get it out I can then epoxy it back into place. Has anyone had any experience with this issue that could make a suggestion as to how I could fix it? do you know if the sleeve unscrews or is it press fit?

LBS is just saying: 'Sucks man, looks like a crash replacement'. Im hopeful I may be able to fix it and avoid laying out a bunch of cash.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Find a better shop. That sounds like a warranty to me. Barring any noticeable damage from impact in the area. Happens with the ABP bearing from time to time as well.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 15:11 Quote
If it's within the 2 year warranty window it should be covered. I've heard trek is really good with warranty stuff.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 15:39 Quote
Trek Care Limited Warranty
We've Got You Covered

Every new Trek bicycle comes with our industry's best warranty and loyalty program - Trek Care. Once your Trek Bicycle is registered the Trek Bicycle Corporation provides each original retail purchaser of a Trek bicycle a warranty against defects in materials and workmanship, as stated below:

LIFETIME
Frames for the lifetime of the original owner (except forks, the Session, Scratch, Slash, and Ticket model frames, and the swing arms on all full suspension bicycles)

5 years
Swing arms on all full suspension bicycles (except the Session, Scratch, and Slash model frames)

3 years
Session (aluminum), Scratch, Slash and Ticket model frames and swing arms

2 years
Session (carbon) model frames and swing arms
RIDE+ motor, controller, & battery pack (or 600 charges, whichever comes first)
All original Bontrager forks, parts and components (except consumables such as tires and tubes)

1 year
Paint and decals

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 16:22 Quote
Same applicable for 2010 Gary Fisher?

*dont snicker*

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021207
Mobile Version of Website