Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 6:43 Quote
macross87 wrote:
Same applicable for 2010 Gary Fisher?

*dont snicker*

We cracked our Gary Fisher and Trek cut the price on a remedy to replace it.

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 7:12 Quote
Animal-Mother wrote:
Ive got a 2015 Remedy 9.8.

Unfortunately themain aluminum pivot sleeve (pivot that the chain stay mounts to the front triangle) just above the bottom bracket has come loose in the frame (rotates 360 degrees in the carbon frame). Looking at the pivot sleeve, there are flanges on each side that keep it from sliding side to side and it looks like a 2 piece design.

I am thinking if I can get it out I can then epoxy it back into place. Has anyone had any experience with this issue that could make a suggestion as to how I could fix it? do you know if the sleeve unscrews or is it press fit?

LBS is just saying: 'Sucks man, looks like a crash replacement'. Im hopeful I may be able to fix it and avoid laying out a bunch of cash.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
Hey the same thing happened mine. They replaced it with another 15 model and it happened again. Then they gave me a 2016 9.9 frame where they fixed the problem. All good now . 100% warrantee issue. It's a pressed fit epoxy sleeve. They added lugs on the 2016 sleeve to stop it rotating.

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 7:46 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Yup.

Interesting! But stock in tamales when I find a crack in the swing arms, though.

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 22:38 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
mtbernz wrote:
Hi all

I am going to order a Slash 9.8!!!Big Grin I am 5'9" , 1.75m it looks like I am between a 17.5 and a 19.5. What size would you recommend?

Cheers

J

I am 175cm as well and I definitely would go for the 17.5". 19.5" felt to big while riding. 18.5" would be ideal like on the "old" slash, but unfortunately trek rather decided to make a stupid 15.5" frame...

Spoke to Trek and they recon the 17.5" would be the way to go.Thanks.

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 15:11 Quote
Hey guys, is anyone knowledgeable on the Slash/Scratch chainstay swap?

Posted: Jun 24, 2017 at 21:53 Quote
coltybear15 wrote:

I talked to a guy who investigated that swap a while back. The Slash chain stays are just different enough to make it not work.

Posted: Jun 24, 2017 at 22:53 Quote
eicca wrote:
coltybear15 wrote:

I talked to a guy who investigated that swap a while back. The Slash chain stays are just different enough to make it not work.

Damnit. That's not what I want to hear lol. There's a guy in Hawaii that has done it, I believe..... I wonder what it entails, if it is actually possible.

Posted: Jun 25, 2017 at 9:06 Quote
coltybear15 wrote:
eicca wrote:
coltybear15 wrote:

Damnit. That's not what I want to hear lol. There's a guy in Hawaii that has done it, I believe..... I wonder what it entails, if it is actually possible.

May still be worth some research.

Posted: Jun 25, 2017 at 22:33 Quote
eicca wrote:
coltybear15 wrote:
eicca wrote:

I swapped chain stays on the older Fuel & Remedy 26 models and it worked perfectly. If I'm remembering correctly the Fuel chain stay was 2mm longer, ZERO issues with install and fit. Couldn't tell the difference at all riding although I'm sure a geometry wiz could've given me all the new #s from the 2 mm alteration. Keep us posted, it would be great if this worked.

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 5:34 Quote
E-ROG wrote:
eicca wrote:
coltybear15 wrote:

I swapped chain stays on the older Fuel & Remedy 26 models and it worked perfectly. If I'm remembering correctly the Fuel chain stay was 2mm longer, ZERO issues with install and fit. Couldn't tell the difference at all riding although I'm sure a geometry wiz could've given me all the new #s from the 2 mm alteration. Keep us posted, it would be great if this worked.

Will do! I have someone offering me a Slash stay with a hairline crack. Near as I can tell, Slash's are made from 6061 and that can be welded, so it'd be worth a shot.

I'll keep y'all posted!

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 14:00 Quote
Good news - Trek is warrantying the front triangle of my 17' Fuel EX carbon. I cracked it in a crash and was going to get it fixed, but after stripping it I found several other cracks that should be warrantied. They really could have told me to piss off, but instead they gave me (are giving me) a new one! Pretty happy overall.

Also, love my Slash. BTW, I had no clue this dog was behind me.... didn't even know it was there until I watched the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFsOwLdCSJw

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 5:55 Quote
Please help!
Having issues with my bottom shock mount bolt. I took it off last night to mount a new shock. Same shock and size. Now the bottom bolt will not reach the other eyelet so that the threads can grab to tighten. Should anything be loose so that the bottom bolt can reach it?

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 7:07 Quote
C-los wrote:
Please help!
Having issues with my bottom shock mount bolt. I took it off last night to mount a new shock. Same shock and size. Now the bottom bolt will not reach the other eyelet so that the threads can grab to tighten. Should anything be loose so that the bottom bolt can reach it?

Seams like a wrong assembly. Have you the bolt in the right side?

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 9:12 Quote
Yes. There is a tab with a machined spot for the pin on the drive side.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018761
Mobile Version of Website