Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 19:37 Quote
Paradis6 wrote:
jamal1664 wrote:
2017 remedy 8
Pike rc with 160mm air shaft and 4 tokens
Rockshox delux with 2 volume reducers
Bontrager 35 knock block stem
Raceface atlas bars
Gx derailleur, shifter, crank
Box components 11-46 cassette
Hope tech 3 e4 brakes
Hope 180mm rotors
Hope pro 4 hubs, dt champion spokes, nextie carbon rims.
Bontrager G5 team issue tires
Tubeless
Ks dropper. Trans-x under bar remote
Ergon smc3 saddle
Chromag palmskins

New pedals and chain next week

Nice bike
Very good choice for the brakes... Just a bit more expensive than Shimano Saint for exemple, for twice the quality Fab

It's about twice the price, and the Saints still have more power. Modulation on E4's work well tho
.. and they look cool

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 2:38 Quote
mollow wrote:
It's about twice the price, and the Saints still have more power. Modulation on E4's work well tho
.. and they look cool

Funny how you always talk like a patronizing know-it-all when 2 days ago you didn't differentiate the 4 pistons of the 2 pistons caliper... sound like a novice, I'd bet you never tried neither

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 5:38 Quote
Paradis6 wrote:
mollow wrote:
.. and they look cool

Funny how you always talk like a patronizing know-it-all when 2 days ago you didn't differentiate the 4 pistons of the 2 pistons caliper... sound like a novice, I'd bet you never tried neither

E4 vs V4?

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 8:16 Quote
@zebrajacket99 Yeah I know... Quite ironic ain't it? Don't pay too much attention to this child

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 19:55 Quote
ZebraJacket99 wrote:
Paradis6 wrote:
mollow wrote:
.. and they look cool

E4 vs V4?

V4 caliper pistons are all the same diameter.

Posted: Apr 30, 2018 at 14:18 Quote
dandriller wrote:
V4 caliper pistons are all the same diameter.
No, the E4 calipers have four pistons of the same diameter. The V4, their downhill brake, has two pistons the same size as the E4, then the other two are larger. The V4's usually come exclusively with steel braided hose line as well, though I have seen E4's optioned with that as well. I have the E4's and they have been wonderful, and miles ahead of the M8000 XT's they replaced. Better than the XTR M987 brake I had before that.

Posted: May 1, 2018 at 6:32 Quote
Trek Slash
Trek Slash
Trek Slash

With some upgrades!!!

Posted: May 1, 2018 at 10:08 Quote
PedroMaia wrote:
Trek Slash
Trek Slash
Trek Slash

With some upgrades!!!

Great bike.

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 22:09 Quote
Here's my 2018 Remedy 8 in it's natural habitat.

At Fox Creek
  At Fox Creek

Thinking about some upgrades but can't decide on the following:
Wheel set, Hope Pro 4 hubs on DT Swiss rims.
Brakes, Hope E4
Rear Shock, Super Deluxe

All cost roughly the same.
Any advice?

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 2:30 Quote
Keys33 wrote:
Here's my 2018 Remedy 8 in it's natural habitat.

At Fox Creek
  At Fox Creek

Thinking about some upgrades but can't decide on the following:
Wheel set, Hope Pro 4 hubs on DT Swiss rims.
Brakes, Hope E4
Rear Shock, Super Deluxe

All cost roughly the same.
Any advice?

I'm desperately trying to find which brakes I should buy too... Had bad experience with my guides and previous bike's xt...

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 7:15 Quote
Have 3 sets of E4 brakes. Love it

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 10:38 Quote
Hi all. Currently a Vitus Sommet owner, looking at getting a Trek Remedy 7. The Vitus feels a bit blunt, so I want something a bit more playful and precise.

Is Trek sizing on the small side? I am 5'9, 31" inside leg. A few weeks ago I sat on an 18.5 which felt very short in the reach, the 19.5 felt more comfortable. In Trek sizing, the 19.5 is large. Every other bike I have ever had is a medium.

How far do the handlebars rotate before it hits the knock block? I transport my bike in the back of the car with the front wheel off, bike lying on its side, with the handlebar flat on the floor at 90 degrees. Will the knock block affect me being able to do this?

The Remedy 7 doesn't have the Re-aktiv shock. Is this something I am going to kick myself later for? Is the abp axle actually a noticeable improvement?

Cheers.

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 11:09 Quote
The Remedy feels pretty short, so I'd go for the 19,5".
Knock Block will change the way you load your bike into your car. I put it in front wheel off, lying on the non drivetrain side but handlebar 90 deg off the floor. So half my handlebar points down to where normally the rear passengers legs/feet are.

For the Rear shock. The Re activ shock feels pretty active, but far away from plush. Haven't ridden the Remedy 7 yet so I cant really compare.

Full floating rear suspension in general works great.

Maybe you can get your hands on a discounted Remedy 8 in summer sale. Eagle and Lyrik is a pretty nice combo that makes the bike pretty capable

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018407
Mobile Version of Website