Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2018 at 11:03 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
Can anyone confirm if the fox hardware fits in the cane creek coil ?

I wish I could help man. From what I've seen in multiple forums people have only used the Super Deluxe hardware for the Cane Creek installation. I would google search each brand's mounting hardware and see if they look alike. It might be enough to answer your question.

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 8:13 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
I know for a fact the 2017 9.8 mounting hardware (for the RS super deluxe) works, so worse comes to worse you can just go pick it up from a trek dealer.

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 9:33 Quote
The-mnt-life365 wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:
I know for a fact the 2017 9.8 mounting hardware (for the RS super deluxe) works, so worse comes to worse you can just go pick it up from a trek dealer.

The rockshox is the same 12.7mm as the fox.

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 15:26 Quote
The-mnt-life365 wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:
Yeah I work at a shop so I have access to dexter. I have the fox hardware on hand(cane creek confirmed it will work) and the upper/lower bolts + shock on the way. Stoked to try it with a coil.

I let Craig know that you sent me also!

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 20:07 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
The-mnt-life365 wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:
Yeah I work at a shop so I have access to dexter. I have the fox hardware on hand(cane creek confirmed it will work) and the upper/lower bolts + shock on the way. Stoked to try it with a coil.

I let Craig know that you sent me also!
Fab Fab Fab much love brethren! you're gonna love that shock so damn much

Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 2:58 Quote
photo please!!!

The-mnt-life365 wrote:
ZSchnei wrote:
mtbpro661 wrote:
hi, guys, do you know of any coil shocks that will fit my 2018 trek remedy 9.8? I know of one Ohlins shock but it is quite expensive.
thanks Orlando

The-mnt-life365 and I both installed Cane Creek DB CS shocks in the proprietary sizing 230x57.5. Either you can rob the mounting hardware from the RS SuperDeluxe or you can order the hardware from your local Trek retailer. Either way, the shock will drop right in.
Yes sir yes sir yes sir!!!! My advice is do ittttttttt!

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 22:46 Quote
Did anyone else feel the knocking in the travel on the stock deluxe? I think something to do with the Reaktiv platform trash. It was on every single remedy & slash I sat on in our shop and it bugged the hell out of me, especially on chattery sections of trail. Weird that nobody else really mentions it...

Anyway, replaced with a DPX2 last week and it's a HUGE improvement. None of that nasty knocking, and also is way more progressive - no more harsh bottom out. Also feels way more plush and feels a little firmer under pedalling (the compression adjust in the open setting is nice). Would definitely recommend.

trek remedy 8

photo

Weirdly, fox and rockshox are meant to both use a12.7mm eyelet but the lower eyelet on the DPX2 was about 0.5mm narrower than the deluxe, so I had to space the hardware out with a couple of washers. Weird.

Other upgrades include the new Shimano MT520 4-piston deore brakes with RT86 rotors, upped fork travel to 170mm, cush core on the rear and some proper tyres (maxxis aggressor on the rear, minion DHF front, both double down). New seat and dropper lever are next on the list, and I wouldn't mind some decent rims but the cush core is keeping the dings at bay.

Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 4:07 Quote
I have a 2018 Remedy,

Can I fit 2.8 tires?

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 4:48 Quote
Probably not. At least not without fouling on the frame.

Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 9:42 Quote
Here is mine. Spec is as follows
2019 remedy Al
Fox 36 grip2
DT swiss xm481 on hope pro4
Shiamano xt groupset
Shimano xt lever with saint callipers
Hope carbon bar

photo

Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 9:46 Quote
sam264 wrote:
Did anyone else feel the knocking in the travel on the stock deluxe? I think something to do with the Reaktiv platform trash. It was on every single remedy & slash I sat on in our shop and it bugged the hell out of me, especially on chattery sections of trail. Weird that nobody else really mentions it...

Anyway, replaced with a DPX2 last week and it's a HUGE improvement. None of that nasty knocking, and also is way more progressive - no more harsh bottom out. Also feels way more plush and feels a little firmer under pedalling (the compression adjust in the open setting is nice). Would definitely recommend.

Weirdly, fox and rockshox are meant to both use a12.7mm eyelet but the lower eyelet on the DPX2 was about 0.5mm narrower than the deluxe, so I had to space the hardware out with a couple of washers. Weird.

I find it knocks when I press down on the saddle. I think its the reaktiv valve operating. Im also looking at a shock upgrade. Why did you choose the DPX2 over lets say an X2 or a coil shock?

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 11:02 Quote
Samuelr1 wrote:
sam264 wrote:

I find it knocks when I press down on the saddle. I think its the reaktiv valve operating. Im also looking at a shock upgrade. Why did you choose the DPX2 over lets say an X2 or a coil shock?
Cost was a factor - I was looking at a super deluxe but the supplier didn't have a coil with the right damper tune, and then couldn't get me an air one in time either. DPX2 seemed the way to go. I didn't really want the linear feeling of a coil and wanted something simpler than an x2. I'm pretty happy.

Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 11:14 Quote
photo

Shock is here, now just waiting on bolts.

Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 13:51 Quote
sam264 wrote:

Had the same problem on my Fuel, but on a Fox rear shock. Rattle/knocking sounds and felt some stiction around 25-30% of the travel. Just happened to have one of the lead designers from Trek HQ visiting for the new Powerfly launch in Trysil, Norway a couple of weeks later. Worked for Trek as a wrench that weekend, so asked him about it. Long story short; its the re.Active piston/valve that doesn't go back to its position as it should. He told me its not harmful for the shock itself, but its annoying as hell.

I ended up buying a DPX2 like you since the Norwegian Fox distributer is a fu#%ing nightmare to deal with when it comes to special shocks warranty (Trek,Cannondale etc.)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030802
Mobile Version of Website