Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Author Message
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 8:26 Quote
wrote:
Nice rig!!!! You have good taste!!!! I bet she rips!

Quote="Ccouch5859"]
toronte wrote:
Just before her first ride. She's a beaut.


First impressions:
Previous bike was a Bronson, wanted something more stable, confidence inspiring so went back to 29". So far happy with the decision. 18,5" for 5'8" is still manageable but stable. For someone more focused on racing might be better off on a 19,5" and a shorter stem at my height. The shock and/or the linkage are surprisingly efficient. Even on the Bronson I used to flip the climb switch, here I don't even think of it. It might have something to do with too much low speed compression on the damping side because I'm not happy with the performance on trail chatter. I have a DHX2 incoming, the coil should sort that out. The MRP Ribbon coil so far is very promising although I've read it needs some time to break in properly so I expect even more.
Looks good, rides good, 9/10.

sweet bike! are the tires 2.6's?

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 11:38 Quote
Ccouch5859 wrote:
sweet bike! are the tires 2.6's?

Thanks! Back is the original XR4 2.4" (will add cushcore because I have my concerns regarding the thin sidewalls), I only swapped the front for a 2.6" SE5.

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 13:21 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
luckyguy19 wrote:
I have a 2019 Slash 8 that I'd like to put a RS Super Deluxe Coil on. Does anyone know where I can find specs on the needed hardware to mount it? My bike currently has a through shaft shock so I know none of the hardware will transfer over.

Read the past few pages over, you need 2 upper shock bolts (part no 540755) and the hardware kit from trek for the fox x2

Are the Fox X2 and Rockshox Super Deluxe Coil mounts the same? So the Fox kit will work for the RS shock?

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 15:02 Quote
Well, here it is...R8
Just put together.
Shame for not being able to give it a proper go, recovering from hardware removal from the collar bone.
Hope to post some pics from the mountain soon.

Graffiti shit..









Mods:

DT EX511 on 350's
SRAM Code RSC
RC2 charger
Magic Mary 2.6 front
40mm BNT stem
CB Stamp 7
LS North shore
BNT Elite 170mm dropper yet to come

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 15:50 Quote
luckyguy19 wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:
luckyguy19 wrote:
I have a 2019 Slash 8 that I'd like to put a RS Super Deluxe Coil on. Does anyone know where I can find specs on the needed hardware to mount it? My bike currently has a through shaft shock so I know none of the hardware will transfer over.

Read the past few pages over, you need 2 upper shock bolts (part no 540755) and the hardware kit from trek for the fox x2

Are the Fox X2 and Rockshox Super Deluxe Coil mounts the same? So the Fox kit will work for the RS shock?

They should both have the same size eye

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 16:24 Quote
Toninhohr wrote:
Well, here it is...R8
Just put together.
Shame for not being able to give it a proper go, recovering from hardware removal from the collar bone.
Hope to post some pics from the mountain soon.

Graffiti shit..









Mods:

DT EX511 on 350's
SRAM Code RSC
RC2 charger
Magic Mary 2.6 front
40mm BNT stem
CB Stamp 7
LS North shore
BNT Elite 170mm dropper yet to come
Looks good man, good shout on the wheels, that'll be my next upgrade I think. Same rims but I might just lace them to the bonty hubs - they're not too bad.

FYI a shock upgrade will make a big difference, if you were looking to spend a bit more.

Also cool top cap. What is it?

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 1:22 Quote
sam264 wrote:
Looks good man, good shout on the wheels, that'll be my next upgrade I think. Same rims but I might just lace them to the bonty hubs - they're not too bad.

FYI a shock upgrade will make a big difference, if you were looking to spend a bit more.

Also cool top cap. What is it?

Tnx man!

Yes, shock...I'll give this one a try first, because I can't ride it hard for some time anyways. Frown
Since the lower part is asymmetric, is there an adapter of some kind for example Fox shock, or it needs to be made custom?

Top cap is Calavera

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 3:55 Quote
Toninhohr wrote:
sam264 wrote:
Looks good man, good shout on the wheels, that'll be my next upgrade I think. Same rims but I might just lace them to the bonty hubs - they're not too bad.

FYI a shock upgrade will make a big difference, if you were looking to spend a bit more.

Also cool top cap. What is it?

Tnx man!

Yes, shock...I'll give this one a try first, because I can't ride it hard for some time anyways. Frown
Since the lower part is asymmetric, is there an adapter of some kind for example Fox shock, or it needs to be made custom?

Top cap is Calavera
Nah, the hardware just swaps right over in most cases. It's the hardware that's asymmetric, not the shock.

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 9:00 Quote
can anyone confirm that you also need the 10x50mm hardware for the lower eyelet on the alu?

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 at 13:59 Quote
This is my other mechanic's bike build in progress. He is ordering the Eagle XO1 AXS drivetrain and has to install his polished Guide Ultimate Brakes still.
-Slash 9.8 Large
-ElevenSix shock
-160 Lyrik RC2 with Push Coil conversion
-I9 hubs laced to XXX rims 2.6 SE5 and SE4 tires
-125 Fox Transfer with Wolftooth lever
-I9 stem
-Gold XX chain
-Gold Chromag pedal
-Brooks Carbon C13 Saddle
-XO1 cassette
It's HOT and butterrryyyyy smooth





Posted: Feb 14, 2019 at 14:25 Quote
One too many colors for me, but I bet its going to ride like magic!

Are polished brakes an option for SRAM, or did he do this himself?

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 at 14:30 Quote
Dedward2 wrote:
One too many colors for me, but I bet its going to ride like magic!

Are polished brakes an option for SRAM, or did he do this himself?

Do agree with the colour choice, think it's the pink cables, maybe less pink/purple and more blue to match trek lettering? Either way, very awesome and distinctive bike!

Yeah, Guide Ultimates come from the factory either in black or with the silver/polished finish

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 at 14:41 Quote
Dedward2 wrote:
One too many colors for me, but I bet its going to ride like magic!

Are polished brakes an option for SRAM, or did he do this himself?

Polished is a option, He is getting rid of the Pink cables, I told him, LOL

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
So I'm digging back a little bit here, but a while ago you guys were talking about IFP pressures. I'm getting a squelching noise off the top of my 2 rides old Deluxe RC3 with Thru-Shaft, with a little bit of added stiction or pressure that I have to surpass before the shock compresses. Obviously, this is super noticeable/annoying in the shop, and nearly impossible to notice actually on the bike, but it bothers me nonetheless.

I'm reading online that the IFP may be low on pressure, and I'm having to push the oil up against the piston before it moves and that is causing both the noise and the uneven feeling I'm getting on the first mm or two of travel. Makes sense in my head I guess, I could see where this would be a problem.

I've obviously tried to inflate my IFP to 250 like discussed, but realistically my shock pump is jumping in pretty huge increments based on the size of the pump compared to the size of the IFP/piggyback on the shock.

Anyone have any tricks for getting this to the right pressure? I feel like once I get to 250 (if its even actually at 250), I'm probably losing a good percentage of the air in the system as I remove the pump. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Dedward2 wrote:
So I'm digging back a little bit here, but a while ago you guys were talking about IFP pressures. I'm getting a squelching noise off the top of my 2 rides old Deluxe RC3 with Thru-Shaft, with a little bit of added stiction or pressure that I have to surpass before the shock compresses. Obviously, this is super noticeable/annoying in the shop, and nearly impossible to notice actually on the bike, but it bothers me nonetheless.

I'm reading online that the IFP may be low on pressure, and I'm having to push the oil up against the piston before it moves and that is causing both the noise and the uneven feeling I'm getting on the first mm or two of travel. Makes sense in my head I guess, I could see where this would be a problem.

I've obviously tried to inflate my IFP to 250 like discussed, but realistically my shock pump is jumping in pretty huge increments based on the size of the pump compared to the size of the IFP/piggyback on the shock.

Anyone have any tricks for getting this to the right pressure? I feel like once I get to 250 (if its even actually at 250), I'm probably losing a good percentage of the air in the system as I remove the pump. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Maybe try to let the air out of the shock and adding it back in 50psi increments, cycling the shock between each time. Inflate the IFP to 250ish before pumping the shock up.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030077
Mobile Version of Website