Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 18:23 Quote
Lazyarse wrote:
Has anyone installed cushcore? Do the cushcore valves work fine? Does the bontrager rim strip need to be replaced? im on the line comp 30 rims. Gotta say im loving my slash, its a fkn beast

Im running cushcore in mine and yes you do have to remove the stock rimtape best bet for cushcore rim tape is gorilla tape

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 18:33 Quote
Lazyarse wrote:
Has anyone installed cushcore? Do the cushcore valves work fine? Does the bontrager rim strip need to be replaced? im on the line comp 30 rims. Gotta say im loving my slash, its a fkn beast

Cushcore for 1.5 years here, no issue with valve.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 18:48 Quote
Lazyarse wrote:
I have cush core and am using the bontrager rim strip without any issues

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 11:18 Quote
Lazyarse wrote:

Yes they should work , leave the rim strips in place. Way better than any tape imo.

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 13:29 Quote
Does someone else have problems converting his tires tubeless with Bontrager Line Comp 30 rims? I just can’t inflate the tires, the air just escapes. I already failed with 2.6“ XR4 and 2.5“/2.4“ Minions.

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 14:12 Quote
With or without the TLR rim strips?

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 16:40 Quote
NuriB wrote:
Does someone else have problems converting his tires tubeless with Bontrager Line Comp 30 rims? I just can’t inflate the tires, the air just escapes. I already failed with 2.6“ XR4 and 2.5“/2.4“ Minions.

Are you using an air compressor or pump? And what tires are you using?

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 17:28 Quote
macross87 wrote:

I have put on Stan’s notubes rim tape. Do i have to use those TLR rim strips?

The tires i tried were the Bontrager XR4 Team Issue TLR 2.6“ and actually Maxxis Minion DHF/DHR II TR EXO Maxxterra. Pumped them up at a gas station with an air compressor.

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 18:49 Quote
NuriB wrote:
macross87 wrote:

The tires i tried were the Bontrager XR4 Team Issue TLR 2.6“ and actually Maxxis Minion DHF/DHR II TR EXO Maxxterra. Pumped them up at a gas station with an air compressor.

I had no problems with those tires. Make sure you have the beads in the deepest channel of rim , not on the edges. Don't push down on the tire so it looks like it's flat.. A real air compressor might help , those gas stations pumps suck.

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 6:32 Quote
I have been able to set all my tubeless tires on the newer Line 30 rims with a very basic floor pump. Don't even need to waste a CO2 cartridge or make a trip to borrow a compressor to setup tubeless tires any more!

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 7:25 Quote
Thanks for the replies about cuchcore!

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 11:37 Quote
NuriB wrote:
macross87 wrote:

When I use the TLR rim strips I’ve always been able to pump up the tire with a floor pump. Since you have the tape I’d try taking it to a shop and asking them to air it up

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 5:36 Quote
My Line Comps were the easiest rims to set up tubeless. Used Bonty XR4s and Specialized Eliminator and Hillbilly tyres. All gone on with a track pump.

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 9:14 Quote
Does anyone have tips on silencing the rattling rear brake hose on my slash? I have the 9.8 with aluminum chainstays but for some reason there is no was to attach the rear brake housing to the frame (unlike the remedy). It just flaps around and drive me crazy...

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 9:18 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
Does anyone have tips on silencing the rattling rear brake hose on my slash? I have the 9.8 with aluminum chainstays but for some reason there is no was to attach the rear brake housing to the frame (unlike the remedy). It just flaps around and drive me crazy...
Do you have a zip tie holding the brake hose against the seatstay (like the pink one on mine)? or is it rattling against the lower pivot bolt where it exits the downtube?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.044446
Mobile Version of Website