Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 15:24 Quote
Will the new MegNeg fit on thrushaft/reactive shock?

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 16:11 Quote
Campbell-Thompson wrote:

I highly doubt it.

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 16:24 Quote
AD4M wrote:
Have the standard reaktive deluxe shock on my 2019 remedy 8. It's ok, but could be a bit better. Was wondering if a super deluxe air or a coil shock would offer any noticeable benefit over the standard shock?

On the subject of coils, can't seem to find a company that does one in the 230x57.5mm size the bike needs, does anyone know who makes a coil shock in this size? Can only find a super deluxe coil in 230x65, not sure if this can be reduced using a spacer like the air shocks do?

Cane Creek do the DB Coil CS in 230x57.5, TF Tuned had them in stock last time I checked

Super deluxe coil also comes in 230x60 which I believe you can run without issue (does void warranty), I imagine TF tuned would be able to resize it should you want it in 230x57.5

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 16:37 Quote
Ccouch5859 wrote:
Campbell-Thompson wrote:

I highly doubt it.

ill call sram in the next few hours and find out but from what i am aware of there is nothing that would stop it unless the piggyback/air chamber gets in the way

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 17:44 Quote
AD4M wrote:
Have the standard reaktive deluxe shock on my 2019 remedy 8. It's ok, but could be a bit better. Was wondering if a super deluxe air or a coil shock would offer any noticeable benefit over the standard shock?

On the subject of coils, can't seem to find a company that does one in the 230x57.5mm size the bike needs, does anyone know who makes a coil shock in this size? Can only find a super deluxe coil in 230x65, not sure if this can be reduced using a spacer like the air shocks do?
Yes, cane creek

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 18:16 Quote
Snapped a the lower shock bolt recently on a '17 remedy. Does anyone know where to get a steel bolt from, or something stronger?

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 3:34 Quote
Ccouch5859 wrote:
Campbell-Thompson wrote:

I highly doubt it.

According to sram it should be perfectly fine and will hopefully sort out the bottom out problems for the thrushaft shocks

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 3:54 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
AD4M wrote:

Yes, cane creek

Wow, looks sweet. Have you found a difference in performance with it compared to the standard shock?

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 5:18 Quote
AD4M wrote:

J tech can change a 230x65 to 230x57.5 so the shock fits.

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 7:35 Quote
AD4M wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:
AD4M wrote:

Yes, cane creek

Wow, looks sweet. Have you found a difference in performance with it compared to the standard shock?
It blows the thru shaft shock out of the water. High speed trail chatter is gone now through tech sections. The stock shock rattled really bad and felt quite sticky. The coil, the small bump sensitivity is insane. With coils being linear does lack some support for large jumps and drops, but I havent had a problem yet and have hit some pretty large features with it .

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 14:38 Quote
Campbell-Thompson wrote:
Ccouch5859 wrote:
Campbell-Thompson wrote:

I highly doubt it.

According to sram it should be perfectly fine and will hopefully sort out the bottom out problems for the thrushaft shocks

Did you contact Sram? I would be really interested in trying it out.

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 18:58 Quote
I need help on setting up my suspension. I have the slash 9.8 so I have the performance 36 upfront and the stock Rockshox out back. I inflate the suspension to the recommended pressure and rebound and it feels terrible and I blow through the rear shock travel really easy while I have about 15mm of un-used travel on the fork (keep in mind I did my testing on a downhill trail). I lower the psi in the fork down to 40 some odd pressure and the fork dives a lot but that’s the only way I use my full travel. The suspension doesn’t feel balanced at all :/ also the rear shock has pretty bad small bump sensitivity

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 21:17 Quote
AD4M wrote:

I fitted a Fox DPX2 to my 2019 Remedy 8 - love it. The bike rides so much better.

Trek Remedy 2019

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 5:22 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
I need help on setting up my suspension. I have the slash 9.8 so I have the performance 36 upfront and the stock Rockshox out back. I inflate the suspension to the recommended pressure and rebound and it feels terrible and I blow through the rear shock travel really easy while I have about 15mm of un-used travel on the fork (keep in mind I did my testing on a downhill trail). I lower the psi in the fork down to 40 some odd pressure and the fork dives a lot but that’s the only way I use my full travel. The suspension doesn’t feel balanced at all :/ also the rear shock has pretty bad small bump sensitivity

How much do you weigh? Remove the volume reducer in the fork and add one to the rear then air everything up per the Trek Suspension calculator and go from there.

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 7:23 Quote
Ccouch5859 wrote:
Rusnak wrote:

How much do you weigh? Remove the volume reducer in the fork and add one to the rear then air everything up per the Trek Suspension calculator and go from there.

I’m about 140lbs

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025718
Mobile Version of Website