Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Apr 16, 2019 at 19:34 Quote
Rube305 wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:
ctburton wrote:

2017 Remedy 9.9. Cane Creek Suspension components

Looks sweet!
Stumpyjr is that a PNW dropper lever I see on the bike? How do you like it? Did it make the action of the lever any lighter?
Yes it is. I like it a lot. It feels a lot better than the bontrager lever that it originally had. The reach adjustment screw is probably my favorite part besides the rubber grip on it. It does make the action fee lighter, but it could also be because it’s a lot smoother due to the bearing.

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 6:00 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
Stumpyjr is that a PNW dropper lever I see on the bike? How do you like it? Did it make the action of the lever any lighter?
Yes it is. I like it a lot. It feels a lot better than the bontrager lever that it originally had. The reach adjustment screw is probably my favorite part besides the rubber grip on it. It does make the action fee lighter, but it could also be because it’s a lot smoother due to the bearing.

Thanks bud now I gotta spend the money and buy one! I hate the stock lever!!

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 6:34 Quote
Anyone tried a 44mm offset fork on their Slash?

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 19:04 Quote
willbikeleeds wrote:
Anyone tried a 44mm offset fork on their Slash?

I asked trek and they were against it. Changes geometry in a way the bike wasn’t designed for and voids warranty. That said, I think it corners great with the 51mm offset. I had a sentinel last year and there’s minor differences in weight distribution but the slash corners just as well, maybe even better, for me anyway.

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 11:21 Quote
Hi,

I recently bent my GX Eagle crankset Madder on my 2019 Remedy 8, I have decided to replace it with Race Face Atlas Crankset. But because I don't know what parts exactly to buy, could someone help to get together parts needed for successful transition from Sram to Race Face?

Thanks in advance,
J.

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 11:53 Quote
carolusrex wrote:
Hi,

I recently bent my GX Eagle crankset Madder on my 2019 Remedy 8, I have decided to replace it with Race Face Atlas Crankset. But because I don't know what parts exactly to buy, could someone help to get together parts needed for successful transition from Sram to Race Face?

Thanks in advance,
J.

Are you keeping the crank ring or using a new one? Can we have pics of bent GX?

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 12:06 Quote
macross87 wrote:
carolusrex wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance,
J.

Are you keeping the crank ring or using a new one? Can we have pics of bent GX?

I was thinking to go with the RF chainring if you mean that, but I'm open for other solutions if they're more straightforward or simpler.

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 13:16 Quote
carolusrex wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance,
J.

You'll need to factor in a new bottom bracket if using raceface cranks since your bike will almost certainly have a DUB bottom bracket fitted at the moment.

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 13:23 Quote
AD4M wrote:
carolusrex wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance,
J.

You'll need to factor in a new bottom bracket if using raceface cranks since your bike will almost certainly have a DUB bottom bracket fitted at the moment.

I understand that yes, I got theparts together that I think they fit on the bike. If anyone could check, if they fit on my bike I would be very grateful to him 'cause I really don't wanna make fool of myself.
Crankset: https://www.bike24.com/p2152073.html?q=race+face+atlas+crank
BB: https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;product=80628
Chainring: https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;product=236522

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 13:37 Quote
Order away you are correct!!!

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 16:24 Quote

I've put the new MegNeg on and it makes a world of a difference can finally make the bike much more sensitive and have a lot more control of ramp up as i always found stock it bottomed out. Huge upgrade and much MUCH cheaper than a new rear shock. Fairly painless to fit no special tools needed. Done a few upgrades including wheelset, code RSC brakes, grip2 dampener and for bang for buck MegNeg is the way too go.

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 18:11 Quote
Campbell-Thompson wrote:

I've put the new MegNeg on and it makes a world of a difference can finally make the bike much more sensitive and have a lot more control of ramp up as i always found stock it bottomed out. Huge upgrade and much MUCH cheaper than a new rear shock. Fairly painless to fit no special tools needed. Done a few upgrades including wheelset, code RSC brakes, grip2 dampener and for bang for buck MegNeg is the way too go.
Where did you order from?

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 18:14 Quote
Ccouch5859 wrote:
Campbell-Thompson wrote:

Where did you order from?

i work at a bike shop and they are able to get them directly from sram id say most local bike shops will be able to get them in

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 6:52 Quote
I ordered a MegNeg for a Super Deluxe I'm putting on my Slash 8. Its been about two weeks and still hasn't shipped. I ordered from Worldwide Cyclery. I'm not able to see the pics, did you put the MegNeg on your thru shaft shock?

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 13:42 Quote
Anyone had any trouble with the main pivot bolt? Try to take mine out for a service and it’s stuck. It’s a 2017 carbon remedy.

Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019602
Mobile Version of Website