Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: May 17, 2019 at 6:38 Quote
I tend to use the Park Tool internal cable routing kit for that. Guide one of the lines through with the big magnet, then cable tie a cable tie to the end of it, hold one end of the cable tie and whip the other back through. Could do the same thing with a gear cable and a big magnet.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 7:37 Quote
I just use an old spoke and hook the cables, then wrap the zip tie around

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 10:59 Quote
Thx everyone for the tips... encouraged me to try and eventualy make it. Everything is silent and looks good. Smile

StumpyJR wrote:
I just use an old spoke and hook the cables, then wrap the zip tie around

Exacly what I had to do because I didn't have any fancy tools, worked fine, one spoke kept cables in place, and other spoke caught the ziptie and pulled it out.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 13:29 Quote
Beginning of new project, remedy 9 2009, managed to remove all pivot bolts, now just to remove the old bearings and get some new ones installed

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 6:37 Quote
What 30mm BB's are you guys running!? Think it's about time for a new one

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 7:00 Quote
Enjoying an enduro bearing set from RWC

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 7:22 Quote
macross87 wrote:
Enjoying an enduro bearing set from RWC

Nice, I am about to get suspension bearings from them. I'll check out the BB's too.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 15:56 Quote
My 2019 Slash 9.8 final form for the season. Any upgrade ideas?

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 19:21 Quote
Mine took me to a couple of top 10 Stage places this past weekend at an EWS North American Qualifier

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 11:33 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Mine took me to a couple of top 10 Stage places this past weekend at an EWS North American Qualifier

Sick dude. The rig still going strong?

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 12:45 Quote
Just noticed this on my trek frame. It's a warrantied slash frame, only had it since last September. The pic is upside down. Pretty sure it looks like the frame bolt that the lower swingers bolt goes through has cracked, no idea how though, it's never been touched. Any ideas?

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 12:47 Quote
No idea here. Although I am getting a new bolt set for that spot on my 18 Remedy. I stripped the non-driveside nut while swapping out a rear shock. It was super soft.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 15:45 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

Sick dude. The rig still going strong?

Dude yea, this bike rips. It's not as fast as the Slash, but it's more fun, honestly.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 18:11 Quote
dirtrider121 wrote:
Just noticed this on my trek frame. It's a warrantied slash frame, only had it since last September. The pic is upside down. Pretty sure it looks like the frame bolt that the lower swingers bolt goes through has cracked, no idea how though, it's never been touched. Any ideas?

Looks as if it was over torqued, but that hard to really say from a pic...……...

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 18:15 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
My 2019 Slash 9.8 final form for the season. Any upgrade ideas?

-X01 derailleur, cassette, chain, shifter, OR Eagle AXS
-RC2 damper. or a New Lyrik Ultimate!!
-A rear shock if you don't like the stock. I don't really have any issues with mine, it's dialed and I can easily service it all in house. I would consider a Super Deluxe myself, so many options and riding styles. I love coil but I ride trail mostly and I like the air shock better
-AXS Reverb Dropper

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036377
Mobile Version of Website